cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vader Immortal - Can't grip with right hand !

Hypn0t15t
Honored Guest
I've been replaying Vader Immortal Episode 1 on my Rift and can not grip anything with my right hand. This means I can't go up ladders, pick up the lightsabre right-handed or interact with the right hand. Left-hand works perfectly and this issue does not occur in my other games (Super Hot, Half-Lfe: Alyx) and also worked fine with this game previously.

When I try to grip something the image of my hand responds and grasps but does not seem to recognise that there is something there to grip. I have tried re-installing, rebooting, replacing batteries.

Anybody out there had this problem and solved it? I want to buy the next two episodes, but not if they don't work for me !
4 REPLIES 4

Thingbot
Honored Guest

I have the same problem on my new Quest 2, but with the Left controller.  The same thing happens in several other games as well.  Left hand is usually (but not always) permanently clenched so that I cant use the hand for anything in the games.   The button isnt stuck, its a software glitch or something..

MetaQuestSupport
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there. This does not sound right and we want to help fix this gripping issue to make you strong with the force again. This definitely sounds like a software issue to us, and one of the more common fixes to this issue is trying a different USB port with your Rift headset. Additionally, please check to make sure your drivers are all up to date. If these do not solve this issue, please reach out to Oculus Support and a member of our team will get back to you as quickly as possible. We look forward to hearing back from you.

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

I have the exact same issue as mentioned in the start of this trend. How was it resolved?

It's not fixed. I just updated and I still can't use the right hand to pick up the lightsaber in the training dojo. Since I'm right handed this makes the game unplayable. How do I either get it fixed or a refund?