ss_c4b7f4cac488f1df6df817a3feba558ff7d48d6c.1920x1080.jpg

TempestfallScreenshot-scaled.jpg

Tempestfall_01_HI-4000x2251.jpg

ss_1bd91123d3e7558378c881293c574712adb1287c.1920x1080.jpg

ss_55961217e5bc1deb5a8a6a610e5e7df7a4132ce6.1920x1080.jpg

002.JPG

ss_26733516a4ca748da58babf516dd585f818713a0.1920x1080.jpg

2-4000x2251.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

21 REPLIES 21

We LOVE that you're loving the game! These shots look awesome!! 

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the feedback - and it does take much time taking shots and posting them, but sharing some great moments is also fun.

Just saw that I've taken 348 screenshots in the game - but not all were great/nice, posted the best ones in this thread 😇

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Btw, two nice gameplay vids - guess I'm starting to love the gameplay - sure it's kinda old school and may feel like playing some awesome remake of Heretic from 1994, lol - but awesome swords, spells and monsters never go out of style 😎

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I'm still doing time in Tempestfall 😉 - now more than 8 hours according to Steam, but not sure it measures correctly 🤔 Btw, many years ago I dreamt about some awesome Conan game, just me, my sword and some monsters in a large crypt or shrine - and although Tempestfall isn't Conan, it's good enough - or the closest thing to living that dream so far. 

Took a few more sightseeing shots:

download (11).jpg

A farewell to the city - I'm heading for the catacombs

download (19).jpg

A magnificent shrine inside the catacombs

download (20).jpg

Hmmm, does not look that inviting, and of course I have to go down there, sigh... 🙂 

download (13).jpg

Taking the ship to the land of an evil necromancer... 

download.jpg

My ship 

download (14).jpg

Arriving at the land of the Necromancer - and it's clobbering time! 🙂

download (15).jpg

See the fog in the bottom middle of the image? - It's a powerful spell, so far didn't succeed going through it, so took the door to the left (hard to see in the image)

- also met some friends, did die a few times, primarily in the large battles with the big monster holding some sort of a lock in a chain:

download (21).jpg

download (17).jpg

Btw, weapons do look awesome with many tiny scratches, imperfections and details:

download (18).jpg

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Just finished today's workout 😇 Btw, I met some new friends at the gym:

download (16).jpg

See the female archers in the background? The fighting got a lot more challenging - you can only kill the archers using long-distance spells - so you cannot constantly only hack'n slash

download (15).jpg

Awesome shadows - see the ground

download (12).jpg

The archers are placed high above ground - you can only kill them using spells - like this lightning spell

download (11).jpg

Love to visit new places - also had to change to dual-wielding today, the fighting got much more challenging

download (14).jpg

Strange thing - but I'm not telling/spoiling 😇

download (6).jpg

The water does look nice/great/awesome-ish

download (10).jpg

Maybe easier to see here - the water is transparent

download (8).jpg

Some of the well-known dudes are still there

download (5).jpg

Other dudes were just hanging around...

download (7).jpg

I like these new opponents - they get really close, hard to hit with the long staff, had to use my sword

  

download (1).jpg

Female archer - I think with these opponents there're like 10 different types of opponents - maybe Alyx had more, but not that much - felt like you were more or less fighting combine soldier most of the time... 

download (3).jpg

I'll get back to these dudes tomorrow - can't wait to see them again! 🙂

I'm fully aware of the many bad reviews this game has gotten - but reviewers must play some other game than I do. This game is awesome. Some say the fighting is too easy and that's not incorrect. Still I've crushed probably like 1,000 opponents in the game now, and if I had to spend minutes on each skeleton that would not have worked well. For now the fighting is fast, does not become boring and is sufficient challenging on the later levels. 

I'm not always getting 90 fps, and it really feels like the RTX 3090 is close to minimum gpu requirement for getting acceptable image quality and performance in the game. I'm using Index res 200%, and the game looks a lot better with res 300%, but I'll need like a RTX 4090 for that, sigh... 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I guess some time has passed, like 26-27 years, but when thinking about the gameplay and locations in Tempestfall I can't help thinking about old great games like:

eeea0f7d-51fe-4be3-b09d-755d50ecb24b.png

cd-front.jpg

Surely it's not the same, but you're using magic-based weapons to fight hordes of evil. And there're many awesome locations to visit - and secret items to find. The gameplay can be quite fast too. Hmmm, never did finish Hexen, I guess there's no way to go back now - compared to the amazement playing the game in 1995, surely the game will no longer be impressive. Better let sleeping dogs lie and concentrate on Tempestfall instead - which does have similar old-school gameplay, but what's not to love about that? 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I love virtual holidays 😍 - went on with more sightseeing today and - as usual - brought the camera 😇

Some nice architecture - a long forgotten city - I just cleansed it for wraiths and jewelry:

download (2).jpg

download (8).jpg

- and some more nice architecture:

download.jpg

I guess I'm heading for the distant tower with the golden roof - you typically can visit most locations in the game - maps are really big with little loading: 

download (1).jpg

- btw, I found Crom today 😮 and saluted him 🤗 - what a nice surprise! 😎

download (5).jpg

This is inside the hidden Cave of Nagash - a subquest. Didn't feel like anything special, but suddenly a great party started, lol, and even killed me. Interestingly something big died here a long time ago:

download (3).jpg

I'm going back tomorrow - the Glittering Marsh is quite big, took some time to check out all locations, and found 2 subquests and the road to the main quest. Today I did one subquest, will do the other tomorrow and then continue with the main quest. 

I now have 10 hours in the game according to Steam - probably more like 13 or 14, not sure Steam measures correctly. Even if the game has some mediocre parts, it sure makes up for the shortcomings in size - this is no small game, feels really gigantic - it's much bigger than for example Lone Echo, maybe even 2-3 times bigger.

For now this game surely is among the 5 best VR games this year - but I'm not done with it yet 🙂

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

I know many think the skeletons and the game in general are too easy. And it might be in the beginning of the game - but there're some perspectives to consider which I just became aware of.

My 9-year old son just tested Ancient Dungeon and Tempestfall. Maybe Tempestfall does not exactly sound like optimal parenting, but I'm constantly close to him and there're only skeletons and wraiths in the start of the game. He didn't think the skeletons were frightening, and although the wraiths were more scary they don't bleed. He concluded that Ancient Dungeons was too hard, too scary and had bad "blocky" graphics (that game uses big voxels and is a low-end Quest port) - while Tempestfall was a dream come true, he mentioned the game looked real. He did not think the skeletons were easy - in fact they had just the right amount of challenge. And the wraiths were hard, but it was ok with him. Tempestfall is now his favorite VR game or close. 

If you have young boys (or girls) at home dreaming of holding and using a real sword, this game may shine like very few VR games. He did find it hard to do the spells using CV1 and Touch, but in the beginning of the game hack'n slash is fine - you don't need to master the spells. 

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

New patch arrived a few days ago - it probably downloaded automatically on my rig, I didn't even notice it - but I've also had no severe issues with the game, it has never crashed. New patch 1.15 addresses: 

Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Tempestfall 1.15 Patch Notes

A new patch for Warhammer Age of Sigmar: Tempestfall is now live! This one is a smaller one named Patch 1.15, with a 

bigger patch incoming next week!

We would like to thank everyone for helping us improve our game! See the full patch notes below:

General

• Duplicated Story Book problems resolved
  • Minor bug fixes

Game Settings

• Missing translation issues resolved

Graphics

• Various lighting and HLOD fixes

Sound

• Missing walking SFX added
  • Melee attacks sound improved
  • Improvements in music playback behaviour after combat

Combat

• Fixed a bones multiple triggering bug
  • Potential problems on final combat resolved
  • Fixed a bug with skeleton weapon staying on screen

Gameplay

• Fixed the door not opening properly
  • Fixed a bug with spawning in the wrong place after leaving the Catacombs map
  • Fixed bugs with certain dialogues
  • Fixed elevator visual and sound problems
  • Fixed certain NPC encounters
  • Fixed a bug with double resources on Side Quests
  • Navigation issues on the Namarti Camp map resolved
  • Navigation issues on the City Camp map resolved
  • Fixed a bug with levitating enemies on the Namarti Camp map
  • Minor bug fixes

Thank you for your continued support and detailed bug reports! Your videos and screenshots allowed us to accurately identify the issues and prepare this patch.
We are aware there are some issues still present and we’re constantly working on new tweaks and fixes - expect a new patch coming next week!

Thank you everyone and have a great weekend!

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Maybe slightly embarrassing, now that all think this game is so easy and can be beaten only swinging the torch, lol, but I got some severe spanking yesterday in the Panopticon Prison. Died like 10 times in a row, still haven't won that battle, and even punched a real-world wall 🙂 

565acd85c73c67112aaa603b44c8e5e9

Devs did that on purpose of course - quite a lot of enemies, and one heavy-hitter (2 or 3 strikes and I'm dead), and very little room to move. Since Steam isn't calculating play time correctly, I'm may have like 20 hours in the game, and surely maybe 97% of the game is easy - the last 3% not so much 🙂 I think I'm very close to the end - but I'm just guessing.