cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck is going on with Vader Immortal??

Double_Shot
Adventurer
I had issues with it a few weeks ago where the game wouldn't get past the opening screen and then today, when I went to let a friend who happens to be a huge SW fan try it out (and VR for the first time) both episodes 1 and 2 kicked him out as he was climbing a ladder.  We didn't even bother trying E3.  I didn't have any of these issues with the CV1.  I got the S a couple months ago and they haven't worked right on it yet.
4 REPLIES 4

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
Have the CV1, my 8-year-old son went through all 3 episodes a few weeks ago - even forcing a massive super sampling 2.0 - had no problems at all, not a single crash - all episodes worked flawlessly. 

Now he wants to see all the SW movies - which means I have to see them again too - sigh.

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Double_Shot
Adventurer

RuneSR2 said:

Have the CV1, my 8-year-old son went through all 3 episodes a few weeks ago - even forcing a massive super sampling 2.0 - had no problems at all, not a single crash - all episodes worked flawlessly. 

Now he wants to see all the SW movies - which means I have to see them again too - sigh.

If it doesn't sort itself out, I may plug my CV1 back in and see what happens.  

My granddaughter and I are going to see Empire Strikes Back in the theatre today.  It'll be nice to see it on a real big screen again instead of in Big Screen Beta...grin...

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

RuneSR2 said:

If it doesn't sort itself out, I may plug my CV1 back in and see what happens.  

My granddaughter and I are going to see Empire Strikes Back in the theatre today.  It'll be nice to see it on a real big screen again instead of in Big Screen Beta...grin...

I have the Index too, which has lcd like Rift-S. Personally I think Vader Immortal looks so much better using oled - and if you got a fast gpu, use Oculus Tray Tool to set CV1 super sampling to something between 1.5 and 2.0 - it makes all the difference. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Nunyabinez
Rising Star

I had issues with it a few weeks ago where the game wouldn't get past the opening screen and then today, when I went to let a friend who happens to be a huge SW fan try it out (and VR for the first time) both episodes 1 and 2 kicked him out as he was climbing a ladder.  We didn't even bother trying E3.  I didn't have any of these issues with the CV1.  I got the S a couple months ago and they haven't worked right on it yet.

Edit: Didn’t read carefully enough. Never mind. 

i7 8700, 16GB, RTX 2080 TI, Rift CV1 | i5 4690K, 16GB, GTX 1660 TI, Rift CV1 | Quest | Quest 2