cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are the good games? most oculus store games have bad ratings

nerdVRBuddy
Protege
I was wanting to buy something just browsing all the games and experiences and to my surprise most things get low ratings and bad comments from users. Is the good content really limited?
I already have arizona sunshine, roborecall, some zombie game, quill, oculus medium and such. some 99 cent ones that were not great. I'm curious as to when more good games will come
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
ELITE:DANGEROUS is the all time best but massively complex and grinding.
BOXVR & BEAT SABER are well good for the exercise and even to your own music.
FROM OTHER SUNS is real fun space fps and amazing team play.
ONWARD is the best soldier fps and team play.
IN DEATH is pretty good for realistic bow & arrow shooting.
DEAD & BURIED is a cool fun cowboy shooter.
THE CLIMB is very good vertigo rock climbing and a sweaty workout with the grip hardcore mechanism.
LONE ECHO/ECHO AREA is supposed to be good but won't run on my ol' Xeon.
PROJECT CARS2 is mega good racing with a wheel in Steam.
CAP2 is in development, a Harrier Jump Jet sim which rocks but will be ready in perhaps a year in Steam (Beta version is best)
That's all from me. The rest is mere experiences.

vanfanel
Heroic Explorer
I really don't think there's a shortage of highly rated games.  Here's just a few I picked.  I don't know what genre you prefer but just from this sample it covers most.

6pr5jnbj2yxm.png

BrokenSymmetry
Heroic Explorer
Superhot VR to top them all.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just tried DOOM VFR. Although it has smooth motion and works with Oculus as stock (unofficially) it still does not allow any method to turn other than in person. Damn good though!

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Look at games you think might be interesting to you on the store, then go and find YouTube videos covering said games and it's pretty easy to find the ones that you will probably like.
Don't depend too much on the reviews - they should be a basic guideline. If all reveiews have the same complaints you know it's probably going to affect you ,too (an unfixed bug or controller limitations, for example), otherwise everyone has different opinions and it's easy for a rating to be dragged down if it just happens that more poeple who just didn't like it post a review, than those who did.
Or people with ulterior motives.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

BeastyBaiter
Superstar
There are also Steam and independent sources. Here a few I like a lot in addition  to some of those previously mentioned:

1) Digital Combat Simulator (DCS): Hardcore combat flight sim, definitely not for everyone. GTX 1080 or Vega 64 are the realistic minimum spec.

2) IL2 Great Battle Series (Battle of Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban...): WW2 flight sim, reasonably hardcore but simpler than DCS. Requires GTX 1060 6GB or RX 480 4GB to play at low detail. High detail requires GTX 1080 TI and still requires toning some stuff down. Massive fun though.

3) Dead Effect 2 VR: Generic space marine shooter, arguably the best VR shooter on the market though.

4) Payday 2: Robbing banks in VR is a blast, controls are a little weird at first but you get used to them.

5) Skyrim VR: It's Skyrim in VR and it actually works out of the box, no modding needed. Only problem is it's a 7 year old game that everyone and their grandmother already has 1000 hours playing.

6) Overload: 6DoF shooter, pretty cool. Made by same guys who did Descent way back in the 1990's.

7) Project Cars 2: Must have for racing fans.

😎 Redout: Good arcade racing game.

falken76
Expert Consultant
My 2 favorite VR games came from Steam but one of them is here now. 

Onward  - FPS Mil Sim game
DCS World - Combat flight sim game

I still have a $15 credit we got for some error that occurred on something I can't even remember the details of any longer.  I haven't found anything that I really want yet.  Beat sabre looks like it would be fun for everyone though, I might get that eventually.

lord_of_shred
Adventurer
EVE: Valkyrie is fun as hell, I've never been that much of a space flight/shooter guy but this really rocks
ZomDay Still in early access but a damn good wave/zombie shooter for around 10 bucks with some of the best graphics and weapon variety currently in vr, also the devs push updates every other month
Arktika.1 has some really great moments and and overall chilling atmosphere and was well worth the 30$ for the 5-6 hours I got our of it within the first playthrough
The Invisible Hours is also a great experience to get lost in. I love these Agatha Christie style murder mysteries.

All of the games named above have quite good ratings and are worth their asking price in my opionion.

MowTin
Expert Trustee

MAC_MAN86 said:

Just tried DOOM VFR. Although it has smooth motion and works with Oculus as stock (unofficially) it still does not allow any method to turn other than in person. Damn good though!

There's an autokey hack that enables smooth turning. 

ArchAngel and From Other Suns are great VR games. 
i7 9700k 3090 rtx   CV1, Rift-S, Index, G2