cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which game to buy first?

GenetixStudio
Superstar
My Rift order processed today and is shipping out! I've already downloaded the free games and apps but am tempted to buy everything else on the store. I definitely plan to buy Chronos, Project Cars, and The Climb - but will only get one at first - which game would you pick up first? There are a lot of other games I want to try at some point, are there any that you would get before these 3?
17 REPLIES 17

water_
Adventurer
I can't believe I'm the only one who voted for Chronos! Its so AWESOME!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
 Chrono's is awesome, but the "Other" option in this Poll diverts my vote, since I think that Farlands is probably the best "first game" for a Rift owner to enjoy.

Roming22
Adventurer
I really liked the 40 minutes I spent in Elite Dangerous ...  Taking off was an incredible feeling. And with a HOTAS, it really felt I was in the ship.

jademan
Heroic Explorer
If you like racing and have a wheel/pedal setup, then Project Cars for a real good "true VR sim" feeling.  (And like Romin22 said, E:D really lets you be "in the cockpit" with a HOTAS setup.)  If you're not exactly after the, as I call it "true VR sim," and are using the controller, then Chronos is a great game that you can play for many hours.

cybereality
Grand Champion
The Climb is the most visually stunning, but it's really intense and I'm afraid to play (could be a pro or con). Chronos was really good, and well worth playing. Lucky's Tale is also a light fun way to get started (but it's free). 
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KennyJennings
Protege
I have to say I would definetly get Project Cars first because I have a racing wheel. I wouldn't recommend this game as much to someone without a racing wheel. The nice thing about project cars for right now as far as immersion is it doesn't need the touch to make you feel like you're really there. Once the touch comes out, I might think of getting the climb. Right now it doesn't seem like it'd be that much fun with just an Xbox controller. My vote might be a bit swayed because I love racing games so much though.

Synthanel
Protege
Project cars is probably the best experience especially if you have a steering wheel. 

But dollar for dollar Blaze Rush is my top pick for 10 bucks.  I would probably get project cars and Blaze Rush to start out. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you have a HOTAS I definitely recommend War Thunder. Best thing is that it's completely free.

Anonymous
Not applicable
The games I'm playing the most at the moment are Chronos and Farlands! Project Cars is really fun but I after owning both I keep going back to Chronos. :smile: