cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

‘Wilson’s Heart’ Brings Cinematic Horror to VR April 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
https://www.oculus.com/blog/wilsons-heart-brings-cinematic-horror-to-vr-april-25/

Yeees! 

Seriously in love with this art style and it's going to be the first VR horror game I buy...kinda scared already  😄
187 REPLIES 187

Deh_
Protege

Mr.Creepy said:

I  just found out that you can seach it on OH, and it has a page where you can set it to notify you when it's released.

It's supposed to be released today, i'm waiting for some kind of review.

Wildt
Consultant

lovethis said:

How can something be immersive if your not moving about in your environment and just teleporting everywhere? I wish devs would consider giving people both options.

Good examples for me would be IEYTD and the ESPER games. I felt immersed and entertained even though I couldn't freely exlore the environments. I think the main problem with this game that is people were simply expecting it to be a slightly different category than it turned out to be.

I haven't watched a lot of videos, but I'm going into this hoping for something like IEYTD, but with many, many more (but simpler) "levels" - and a creepy horror vibe instead of a toonish Bond theme with Q humour. :smile:
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

jayhawk
Superstar
I'm all for locomotion options in every game, but if the game takes advantage of one style, that one style is the only way it will work well (as intended). The game is literally designed around one style. Just like the guys from Tested mentioned, the method of locomotion allows for node focusing, which means you are always within reach, it can be more detailed, better story driven. Like they said, if full locomotion was implemented it would introduce other problems and believe it or not limitations. I prefer full locomotion but I think it's kind of childish to write off a game because it doesn't have it.

Applecorp
Rising Star
I really liked I Expect You to Die, but with that game you are fixed to the spot. I think any game where you are meant to traverse through locations they should include the option for free locomotion. If I see something in the distance I want to walk there, not suddenly appear there, the 'journey' is half the experience, like climbing up a mountain.

kazRium
Protege

Mr.Creepy said:

I  just found out that you can seach it on OH, and it has a page where you can set it to notify you when it's released.

Been looking forward to this one, went ahead and setup to be notified when it releases today ( thanks for the info! )

Wildt
Consultant

Applecorp said:

I think any game where you are meant to traverse through locations they should include the option for free locomotion. If I see something in the distance I want to walk there, not suddenly appear there, the 'journey' is half the experience, like climbing up a mountain.

That's pretty much exactly how it works in Esper 2, I liked it, and don't really think free locomotion would've elevated the experience for me. The focus is the puzzles, and how I move from one to the other doesn't HAVE to be via locomotion. I don't want nor expect exploration to be a key element in all VR games.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Yeah I've played Esper 2 and it works fine in that game, walking around would only serve to irritate I think as you have to go back and forth and as you say the game is purely about puzzle solving.

I expected, probably naively (or wrongly) that with Wilson's Heart being a narrative driven game where you explore a hospital, it would have full locomotion so as to be fully immersive.

Wildt
Consultant

Applecorp said:

I expected, probably naively (or wrongly) that with Wilson's Heart being a narrative driven game where you explore a hospital, it would have full locomotion

You and me both - I'm just not as disappointed :smile:

GenetixStudio
Superstar
Horror is my favorite genre in VR - this and Batman mean the rest of the week is going to be damn good!

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Horror is my favorite genre in VR - this and Batman mean the rest of the week is going to be damn good!

Yes! The rest of the week involves me suddenly unable to attend work due to this *cough**cough* sudden illness
:#