cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

World of Diving.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Has anyone tried this? I might purchase it if it's any good. I liked Ocean Rift and this is suppose to be a better experience.

http://divegame.net
30 REPLIES 30

parzival
Honored Guest
I'm downloading it now, i'll take the $20 hit for the team and let you guys know how it works out for me

rslick33
Honored Guest
I want to try this game. Yes we need more ocean type of games like free diving with spear guns, surfing and fishing. Free roam beach games. Can't wait till my DK2 hits my forkin door. I ordered my DK2 on May 21 and just got a email that my Rift is about to get ship. :shock: :!: Hawaii USA

minbari73
Honored Guest
Been playing this for a couple of weeks on steam on a DK2 and thoroughly enjoy it. Works very well without much hassle. The game itself, while at an early stage comes with 4 areas to explore and seems to be very well put together with a few little missions to do and things to collect. What is really great about it is the feeling of floating and swimming when you see your body doing what it should be doing in the water. The multiplayer works and it's really cool to see other divers around you doing their own thing. I would prefer more detailed maps with a slightly further draw distance and much better lighting, but it's early days.

Well worth your time if you want an immersive diving experience.

Spielor
Honored Guest
I get horrible performance when playing with DK2.

For a game with so simple geometry and a very limited draw distance this is unacceptable. I'm hoping for a fix soon.

camster
Honored Guest
"Spielor" wrote:
I get horrible performance when playing with DK2.

For a game with so simple geometry and a very limited draw distance this is unacceptable. I'm hoping for a fix soon.

Strange as I don't, possible your hardware or some other factor

parzival
Honored Guest
exactly the same experience as Spielor , terrible performance . I get an average of 30fps and i'm running an 8core AMD with 8gb ram and an R9 290 4gb card.

Even with the terrible 30fps the depth and sense of presence is very good. Also the game mechanics work well and controls make sense and are easy to use.... i just wish i could run this at 75fps!

fix it guys!

kokunze
Honored Guest
Does it work with DK2 out of the Box?

Or does it need this nasty "pause the service"-Workaround? (Which does not work on my machine)

and how is it compared to ocean rift?

moblyn
Honored Guest
When launched from Steam it gives you 4 options. Standard game, DK1, Dk2 extended and Dk2 direct. You pick your poison and launch the game.

RirtualVeality
Adventurer
Not sure if this is an ATI thing or what, but every time I try to launch 'DK2 Direct Mode' it crashes out. Works fine in Extended Mode though. I've tried restarting Steam, the PC, killing and restarting services....nothing.