cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

in game resolution?

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer
what are we supposed to set in game resolution at?
rF2,dirt rally,AC etc etc
None have 2160x1200 or 1080x1200

quite often if I set it to anything other than my default monitor resolution 1360x768 the image in the rift doesn't 'align' properly.
i.e
if I set it to 1920x1080 in rF2 all the 'click' boxes don't align with the GUI boxes.
the mouse does not go to all of the image,so cannot click on start or exit etc etc

Does the rift 'self adapt'?
Is it somewhere inside steam/steamVR settings?
if I use the oculus debug tool or sdk is it universal or just adjusts oculus games?
Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo
3 REPLIES 3

falken76
Expert Consultant
I didn't know we could even change the resolution.  I never have seen the option to and when I changed my monitor res for something completely unrelated it did not seem to have any effect on the HMD.  As far as I know, those settings are locked in place on a rift just like the frame rate.  The only changes I've seen you can make that will improve gfx at a HUGE tax on the GPU is changing the Supersampling.

cybereality
Grand Champion
The resolution in VR should be automatic and not affected by your desktop resolution. If it is, that is likely a bug in the game.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MystaMagoo
Heroic Explorer

The resolution in VR should be automatic and not affected by your desktop resolution. If it is, that is likely a bug in the game.

With oculus games yeah.
What about steamvr games or other games?

Antec Quattro ~ Asrock Taichi X399 ~ Threadripper 1920X ~ 32gb 3200mhz GSkill ~ RTX3060ti ~ m.2 970evo