cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

medal of honor not installing

mag515
Honored Guest

Anyone having troubles with medal of honor not completing install on computer. message says sorry we couldn't install medal of honor.

5 REPLIES 5

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

Medal of Honor: Above and Beyond takes up about 175GB. Thus you need about 350 - 400GB free space to download and install the game. 

That's because first you download about 175GB, and then the games is installed - using another 175GB. First after the game has been installed, the download folder is deleted. 

When the game is installed - you need about 200GB free space to patch the game - because a full copy of the game is made when patching it. I have not patched my version 😉 Still works flawlessly. 

Make sure the download is not interrupted - just a few seconds with no connection will cause the Oculus app to terminate the download. I usually download such big games at night, when the wife and kids don't use the internet. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Ya, MOH is a real disk storage hog.  It's currently taking up 171Gb of valuable SSD storage.  Plus, unless you install it on a SSD it takes forever to load, lol!  HLA only takes up about of 1/3rd storage (~60GB).  Some of MOH is all the WW2 videos (~30Gb?).

i9 13900K water cooled, RTX4090, Z790 MB w/wifi6e, 32Gb 6400 ram, 2x2TB SSD, 1000W PSU, Win 11, QPro, Q3, w/Link and Air Link, Vive Pro1 with Etsy lens mod and Index Controllers

I think you're right about the ~30GB vids - I did measure them and posted the size in a post many months ago, can't remember the precise number now (using my office pc now, not gonna go to the rig in the man cave to get the right number, lol). I remember first thinking maybe the vids were most of the 171GB and that I was wrong about that. The vids are of quality though, but I think they are in 1920x1080 res. 

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

Tomfooleriest
Honored Guest

Yes I too just bought a $40 headache. 

mandy36
Honored Guest

I'm having trouble it won't install keeps asking for more storage I've uninstall all my other games but still asks for more any ideas please