cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oculus rift app not installing

Zombiehaunter007
Explorer
I've tried four times now to install the rift software to use virtual desktop but it always says that i need to restart my computer. What do i do?
3 REPLIES 3

NorgePlayzYT
Protege

Make sure you meet required graphic card to install Oculus App for PC

Zombiehaunter007
Explorer

I have a rtx 3060 TI

Hello there! Sorry to hear that you're having troubles with your Rift after a recent update. If you haven't already, restarting your computer and run a repair of Oculus using the Oculus Setup file could help. If that doesn't fix anything, please grab a copy of your Diagnostic logs and create a ticket with them attached so we can look further into this. Thanks!

Some users have also reported that the following steps have also helped fixed the issue for them as well:

• Close the Oculus app

• Unplug the Rift S

• Disable the camera permission ("Windows key + I" to open the settings - Privacy - Camera - Flip the "Allow apps to access your camera" toggle to "off")

• Plug the Rift S in again

• This should automatically start the Oculus app too, otherwise do it yourself

• Now you should get the "Sensors can't track headset" error

• Toggle the camera permission to "on"

• Re-plug the Rift S (plug in USB first, wait 5 seconds, then plug in the DP cable)

• Now the status dot should be green in the Oculus app (you might have to restart it)

If you're the author of a thread, remember to mark a reply as the Accepted Solution to help others find answers!