cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tuscany poke salad

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
I've made a bashup consisting of the objects on the exterior of the tuscany house.
The objects are duplicated and randomly placed around the yard (via code, no editor).
The objects collision list is empty, but the ground collision remains the same so you can
still walk up the stairs and around the yard and walk on air over the sea.
The xml file bloats up over 100mb. I still get at least 200 fps with a gtx670.

Where can I park this file?

It should be fun to walk thru the maze of walls.
10 REPLIES 10

zeroxygen
Honored Guest
With XML being text, if you zip the file it should be considerably smaller. It might even be small enough to attach to a post right here in the forum.

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
I'll post a zipped tuscany based xml file. The current version xml file is 63mb.

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
Nothing happens when I attempt to submit a reply with an attached file.
Any lerking admins, can I please get attachment rights here.

drash
Heroic Explorer
Maybe you can just throw it up on https://mega.co.nz/ or the public folder of your DropBox and paste a link to it here?

Can you clarify exactly what this XML file is, though? It contains more objects for the Unity Tuscany demo, or what? How would one use it?
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

michaelgood
Honored Guest
It's a zany random-ish pile of objects in the Tuscany setting. Sounds like fun to me 😄

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
I'm not going anywhere near dot com. He is an embarrassment to NZ and should be extradited to US immediately
to face billions of dollars of copyright theft.

I've got no 8080 port setup nor registered web site, so I was hoping to post to fatcat oculus server.

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
Ive enabled tuscany xml scene schemata interface using perl and a xml perl module from CPAN.
This file was just a fiddle wherein various objects are grouped together. Randomly selected objects
therein are duplicated and placed randomly (horizontal vectors from object to object distances),
via collision detection to avoid superimposed objects.

Main aim is to get a xml-oculus pipeline to my perl-based parametric modelling, before say doing a fbx pipeline to
UDK editor.

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
text removed

Cgpnz
Honored Guest
I've GZiped the XML file. I found 7-zip, use the 7zip file manager rather than attempt to open or do the commandline, or symbol link. Gosh how terrible win7 is. All this pain just to get the dx11 graphics stuff. Microsoft should be indicted for racketeering.