cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto startup app on oculus go

kibit85
Honored Guest
Hi, i need to develop an app for a museum with oculus go. I need to automatically start my application at 9:00 am at every day.
In a previous version with Gear 360 i do that creating a service apk that runs my apk. Than my app uses a server-client protocol to connect to a tablet and from that tablet i can control all the system with an app.

So, can I install that service on oculus go to? Or there is any way to run my app remotely from a tablet or computer or phone?
20 REPLIES 20

coren_australia
Honored Guest
I am looking at using my oculus go for a research project in the healthcare setting and this is the functionality that I desperately need.  

The oculus go needs to auto start in a specific app when it's turned on. 

libelleley
Honored Guest
Hi, just to give this issue more importance.
We too have exactly the same wish for an Oculus Quest and Oculus Go application in an exhibition in a museum in Switzerland. We show a huge dragonfly in VR and a 360 Video in Oculus Go. The visitors love it but museums personel just want it easier to use:
- Autostart of the VR App or 360 Video
- No Controller interaction
So far we just let the VR app run all the time and try to handle the pause and resume event. But from time to time the app quits and has to be restarted with controllers. 
Regards 
Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I'm also hoping for an autostart feature for a B2B client I will be working with. Any update on this?

jfl4
Honored Guest
Would also like this feature (and the ability to avoid the controller).  Weird that it hasn't happened yet since the coding should be trivial.

robbe_vlaeminck
Honored Guest
Still no update on this? Come on Oculus...

MAKROPOL
Honored Guest
We too would like this feature for an exhibition, can we at least get an update from Oculus?

nigrin
Explorer
+1 for both needing this badly (for museum and school use cases) and asking for an update

mouse_bear
Retired Support
We hear your desire for this feature loud and clear! The upcoming enterprise software/hardware bundle will include kiosk mode for Oculus Go. Please reach out to the Oculus for Business team for more info: https://www.oculusforbusiness.com/support/

EstebanGallardo
Honored Guest
I'm trying to develop a business of LBVR arcade short multiplayer free roaming experiences. It would help me a lot to have a way to start remotely apps. Right now, for a configuration of 2 simultaneous players, it takes me 1 minute for the fully start the apps and give them to the clients. Having a way to start remotely the apps will allow me for a fastest setup, increase the time the players enjoy the experiences and to enable more simultaneous players at the same time increasing the revenue. 

All the people who has posted asking for this feature believe in Oculus Quest to be a game changer in the sense to change the general mindset that people has about VR being something that isolate individuals instead of socially connect with other people. It would be great to know that you are taking steps or not so we can decide if fully invest everything on Oculus Quest.

I'm sorry to point out this, but since this request has been request for almost 2 years old, it would be good to know if you are never going to implement it. No response or something like the previous post would be indicative that you don't care about that and we would be able to move on.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too require this feature, please expedite the development of this for Oculus Quest .  Thanks