cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Calibration Tool (for mixed reality) seems broken with 1.27 update (6/12/18)

GreysonPurcell
Honored Guest
Just curious if anyone else is doing mixed reality capture and have encountered problems with the latest update. I had to move and re-calibrate my camera (using the CameraTool.exe utility app). The marker detection portion works fine. But I can no longer tag the placement of the headset - it appears the buttons on the Touch controllers are not being recognized (neither X or A buttons do anything). When you look inside the headset, it also appears the CameraTool app is hanging up the Rift - and all you see is the generic app load screen with the words "Loading...."

I realize very few people probably use the mixed reality features, but if so, I'd love to hear if it's working for you.
11 REPLIES 11

mouse_bear
Retired Support
@PurcellTDL

Welcome to the Oculus Developer Forums!

Let me inquire with our internal team about this issue. Once I receive a reply, I'll update you here.

Smallpoly
Protege
I'm actually having the exact same issue here - I get as far as the HMD part but when I align to the box nothing happens, nor when I press x or a on an active controller.

Is it possible that if a room is too bright that could cause issues during calibration? I'm going to try again when it's dark outside so I have some more control over that.

I've been doing some youtube stuff with the rift lately (and want to be able to film some things for work), so I'd really love to be able to add this to my toolset.

DekuBrandon
Honored Guest
I'm having the same issue as well where the calibration goes fine until it is time to align the HMD. Button presses are non-responsive. If anyone finds a solution I'd love to experiment with the mixed reality capture mode.

korzen303
Explorer
I confirm the above problem. Lost half a day trying to set-up the MRC. Still stuck on the camera calibration because of this!

codegrad
Explorer
Where do I find the download link to cameratool.exe?

dj3baas
Honored Guest
I am still having this issue on Runtime 1.32. HMD alignment is not working.

monozoo
Honored Guest
Was anyone of you able to solve the problem back then? Playing with the new capture tools for oculus quest and get stuck with the exact same hmd align part.

jeremy_suini
Honored Guest
Hi,

I tried by my side but when I launch the OVRCameraCalibration.bat I have this issue : Unable to create HMD. -1007 -- ovr_Create: No HMD attached.

Do you know why ? The HMD and the PC are connected on the same network of course.

fgbowie01
Honored Guest

Hi,

I tried by my side but when I launch the OVRCameraCalibration.bat I have this issue : Unable to create HMD. -1007 -- ovr_Create: No HMD attached.

Do you know why ? The HMD and the PC are connected on the same network of course.

I am having the same issue. Any resolution?