cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Generate API Token with OVR Platform Utility

almightyzacpac
Explorer

Edit: Can an admin please move this to the Oculus Developer area? I can't change the category from Support to anything else after posting.

Hello,

It appears the global API token used for multiple projects stopped working after migrating our Oculus Developer + Facebook account to a Meta Account. Attempting to generate a token from the command-line results with the following error.

ovr-platform-util get-access-token

Logs are written to: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp\<FILENAME>.log
Enter Oculus user credentials

Email: <EMAIL>
Password <hidden>:

Logging in

ERROR: You're using a version of this app that's no longer supported. Download the latest version to continue.

The utility is on the latest version.

ovr-platform-util self-update

Logs are written to: C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Temp\<FILENAME>.log
Checking for the latest version
Already running the latest version 1.76.0.000001

It doesn't matter what password is used, either. The correct or incorrect password results in the same error.

I used credentials for an Oculus Developer account that was not yet migrated, and I'm receiving an access token without problems. Is there a specific issue with the account I'm using? I'll need to DM an official representative with the email connected to the offending developer account.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4

almightyzacpac
Explorer

I can replicate the issue by migrating an Oculus account a Meta account. The Oculus account I'm posting here with has the same problem now since migrating to a Meta account. I'm unable to use existing API keys, or generate new keys for store uploads.

I am having the same issue. Completely blocking any uploads. 

I've logged an official request, and have received the following response on August 25, 2022 16:04 AEST

"Thank you for reaching out! We've received your ticket and are currently triaging your issue further. We will reply should we have an immediate solution, or if we require further information."

There's been no response since.

In the meantime as a workaround, I'm using app-specific tokens from the app store settings page to manage uploads. From the default Overview page for the app, go to API and you'll see the following.

App Credentials
This is what you should use for the access_token parameter in your server-to-server requests.
XX|XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX|XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

This works with the --token parameter for the utility, which is handy for automation systems.

This works!