cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Developer Mode Issues Update

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Hello everyone,

Thank you all for your reports and your patience on this issue! In regards to developers being unable to enable Developer Mode in the Oculus app, a new update has been pushed to fix the issue. Please update your Oculus app to the latest version (as of the date of this post) and try enabling Developer Mode once more.

Update 11/8The fix pushed to the latest App Update does not seem to have fixed the issue for all developers. At this time we are re-opening the issue and will update this post as well as this forum thread with any relevant details.

In the meantime, many of our awesome developers have shared that verifying using a Credit Card allowed the Developer Mode option to appear. 

Update 11/15: We have received reports that this issue has been fixed for most developers experiencing this issue. Please log out and log back into your Oculus app and try enabling Developer Mode once more. If you still experience the same issue, please reach out to our team at https://developer.oculus.com/support (click "Contact Us") and we'll dive deeper.

53 REPLIES 53

khaosmaou
Protege

Sadly I still have this issue even after updating the oculus app. My account has been verified since February of this year and the app still doesn't allow toggling developer mode on devices.

anziphil
Honored Guest

I cant enable Developer mode, with v135 app. nothing change 😞

LordHar
Explorer

Same here. Uninstalled the app on my phone and reinstalled it. Nothing changes. Verified by phone number only, no CC. Still can't re-enable developer mode on my Quest 2 that was working smoothly until the last update.

HumanTech
Explorer

I also updated my app (I even uninstalled it to reinstall it) but nothing changes...
my account it's also verified (phone number) and I created an organistion

khaosmaou
Protege

I should also state that I previously used developer mode on my account many times in the past, but the feature has been disabled now for several weeks.

DanOtt
Honored Guest

I created an organization and as I don't have a credit card I verified my developer account using my mobile number. 

On the verification page it says:

"you must establish your identity by providing a credit card or mobile number"

therefore it should be fine using only a mobile number but enabling developer mode does not work for me either. (Using app version 135.0.0.12.115 on Android)

The developer option is available from within the oculus headset in the settings menu though.

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Thanks for the feedback - I'll be keeping my eye on this. The fix may still be rolling out in phases, stay tuned.

I'm sorry for the churn with this!

Aliigu10
Honored Guest

Agreed, Hasn't fixed for me. Deleted it twice.

gl0ri0us
Explorer

Not a single person has reported that it worked or given kudos to the announcement that it was "fixed". What's going on? Are you sure you didn't just mark the issue as resolved because it'd be embarrassing to have more red & yellow days on the platform status page than you do green ones?