cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geo-blocking in Oculus Store, possible or not?

petterl
Honored Guest

Hi,

We are prepping our first VR-film for release in the Oculus Store (App Lab and Rift), but we still have the film circulating on festivals and that raises concerns of releasing it world-wide in the store.

Coming from the film industry I'm quite used to geo-blocking and selling rights for different countries or territories (several countries bundled together, a contintent or similar). I've not found any useful information if this is possible to do in the Oculus Store, so I thought perhaps some of you who have shipped a VR-application knows if this is possible?

If someone at Oculus support/store sees this, I'd really like some information about this.

Happy developing everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

petterl
Honored Guest

Reply received from a member of the Oculus Developer Ecosystem | Oculus Start on my question: "... is there a possibility of geo-blocking [access to an app in] a country on Oculus Store and/or App Lab?"

The reply was:

... the Store Ops team tells me you simply need to explain what you want and for what dates in the app’s Notes to Reviewer section with your submission for both platforms.

Hoping this helps others looking for this info.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

petterl
Honored Guest

Reply received from a member of the Oculus Developer Ecosystem | Oculus Start on my question: "... is there a possibility of geo-blocking [access to an app in] a country on Oculus Store and/or App Lab?"

The reply was:

... the Store Ops team tells me you simply need to explain what you want and for what dates in the app’s Notes to Reviewer section with your submission for both platforms.

Hoping this helps others looking for this info.

Hi Petterl,
I hope you are doing fine.
So this means that it is possible geo-block an App right? But you have to do it by explaining it to the reviewer instead of doing it yourself.

Were you distributing via the Oculus Store (Official Store) or the App lab? Because I would like to know if it is possible to geo-block an app distributed via the App Lab.

Best Regads