cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help My Uncle see?

quietstorm4579
Honored Guest
Hi my name is Edwin.  I recently started using VR and am amazed by the technology.  I have an uncle, Robert , and  a few years ago he had cancer and went through Chemotherapy.   Well something went wrong and screwed up his vision.  The doctors then went in to repair it but ended up not doing everything correctly.  Now my uncle’s vision is practically nothing at a distance except for faint shapes and colors. He can however see things up close.   I let him try on my oculus go and he said he could see quite a bit.   I think he would need special lenses or something. Could you help me or give me some referrals on people I could speak to to get him a vr unit that he could use with his condition or whom to speak with about getting the right lenses?  I was also wondering if anyone has ever used a vr unit with a Bluetooth camera or such so that someone could “see” out of a vr headset?   Well if you could assist in anyway I would appreciate it.   Thanks for your time. 
2 REPLIES 2

Walker8711
Honored Guest
I would be willing to spend some of my free time in helping with this.  The Oculus Quest is one of the first mobile devices available to a normal consumer that has the technology of reproducing a binocular stereopsis. With  the firmware update for the Quest, and Oculus Integration update that just came out, this is something that is highly possible to achieve.  Please contact me so I can gather more information about what needs to be achieved.

quietstorm4579
Honored Guest
Thank you.  I will PM you.