cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable support for Gear VR?

ties_theunissen
Honored Guest
Hy. Im a developer on a vr application that uses oculus. Currently we support the devices Gear VR and the Oculus GO. 
But after the update of the oculus sdk we want to disable the support for the Gear. In the settings of the app (In oculus) I desellected all the mobile phones under the Gear but when I upload a new build it still cries about test compatibility for gear vr. What did I miss?
14 REPLIES 14

robertcoomber
Expert Protege
I am running into the same issue. I'm building for only the Go and I am getting the GearVR compatibility Oculus SDK 1.41 test fail. I have deselected GearVR in the supported devices tab in the app specifications page. I have also re-uploaded the build with those settings before starting the upload and I am still getting the Oculus SDK 1.41 compatibility failure. I am not sure what else is needed.

adi_gonen_14
Honored Guest
Anyone? I'm really stuck on this one. I tried everything robertcoomber tried and when it failed I rolled back to 1.40. But not only I don't want to be stuck in a old version, it broke stuff. any way to fix this with the oculus 12 version? 

nurecas
Honored Guest
Still waiting for this issue to be resolved. Any luck anyone?

adi_gonen_14
Honored Guest
Hi guys, i'm updating that even with the error the build is uploading and the update is pushed to the Go. The Go need to be updated, and i recommend to uninstall and reinstall. So for now it's good enough for me.

Ohanl6on
Honored Guest
I have also re-uploaded the build with those settings before starting the upload and I am still getting the Oculus SDK compatibility failure.

nurecas
Honored Guest
Hi @NinjaGG

This is the thread stating the same issue that I mailed you about. Tried uploading to Go and GearVR - Go has no compatibility issues, but GearVR throws this error. 
Unity 2019.2.17f1
Unity Integration 12
Latest update in the Go device

The app shows up in the Oculus Go device but shows as incompatible.

Please tell how to proceed. Already tried generating a new AndroidManifest within the Unity editor by clicking on Oculus -> Tools -> Create store-compatible AndroidManifest.xml.
Attaching a screenshot of the error for your reference.

Regards
Fabin

6c2sneo2xpe6.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
some news on that? I have the same problem 😕

Ohanl6on
Honored Guest
I have also re-uploaded the build with those settings before starting the upload and I am still getting the Oculus SDK compatibility failure.

Ohanl6on
Honored Guest