cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming: New Forums!

mouse_bear
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
In the next month, the Oculus Developer Forums will be migrating to a new provider: Khoros! We are moving to Khoros to provide a more stable, connected, and streamlined experience. You can read more about this change here: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/96183/oculus-forums-announcement-upcoming-platform-change#latest

Alongside the new forums is our team's renewed focus on forum support! Our team will be increasing our presence on the new forums, and I will be introducing new members once we migrate fully over.
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!
2 REPLIES 2

RayRift
Level 3
Thanks for the heads up! It looks like badges will be changing so I guess I'll just grab a screenshot of my 7 year birthday cake badge. See ya around!  B)

mouse_bear
Oculus Community Manager
Oculus Community Manager
Update: This Oculus Forums maintenance period will begin the evening of February 21st and should end on February 24th.

During this time, you will not be able to log into your forum account, which will prevent the creation and editing of any posts or comments. Existing content should still be viewable as a guest user, but may be briefly unavailable as we near completion of the migration.

Once the new forum platform is live, all content that exists on our forums today will be available on the new platform. The interface will look much different, but all of the categories that you are familiar with will be present. When you sign into the new forum platform, you will be presented with a screen asking you for permission to share your Oculus username and email address with the forums. For now, you can expect to see this screen each time you log in.

As a reminder, private messages from our current forums will not be migrated to the new platform. You will also need to rebuild you forum profile once you sign into the new platform for the first time, so if there's any info you have there that you want to bring over, be sure to back it up.

As always, we greatly appreciate your patience and understanding while we work through this transition period!
If you need immediate help or want additional support/context on an issue you are having with our platform or integrations:

1. Gather any and all logs, screenshots, and version numbers of relevant software (Oculus SDK, engine, etc.)
2. Please submit a ticket here (include what you've gathered in step 1).
3. Tag me @mouse_bear once you have done so!