cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Launched a new Unity Gear VR Controller walk, grab, carry, and throw scripting addon today!:)

DHARMAKAYA
Protege
Hi boys and girls, 

Launched a new Gear VR Controller scripting product today on the GODHEAD VR shop on Square. 

This is a Unity scripting addon to be used with the Gear VR Controller and Oculus utilities package. This scripting addon makes it easy to add walking to the Gear VR Controller (variable speed walking in any direction by using the touch disc), and also makes it easy to add grabbing, carrying, and throwing of objects. (Yes, it's FUN throwing big weightless objects in a VERY safe environment!:)

Here is a direct link to buy the scripting package: 

Here is a link to the shop, for those that are more comfortable seeing the item on the shop: 

Note that this product is an addon for the Oculus utilities package supplied by Oculus. Also important to note that the by purchasing this item, the buyer understands that some basic C# scripting skill is highly recommended, although possibly not necessary if comfortable enough to at least drag and drop scripts in the right place and copy/paste into a script. 

If anybody is wondering why this isn't on the Unity Asset Store...that's basically because, after I clearly documented in the asset when I uploaded it to the Unity Asset Store that it's an addon for an Oculus product (and thus may not be legally alright to include an example scene that is an addon to Oculus scripts), the Unity employee apparently didn't read the document I included that clarified that and then said I should add an example scene. SO AFTER MORE THAN 20 DAYS OF WAITING for an idiotic reply from a seemingly lazy or inept Unity employee (alright, maybe it was simply an oversight and not employee laziness or employee ineptitude...MAAAAAAAYBE...), I obviously wasn't interested in waiting another 20 days for another potentially idiotic reply from a lazy employee. Because of that, I decided I will simply sell it on My company shop. 

1 REPLY 1

DHARMAKAYA
Protege
Thanks for the compliment. 🙂