cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need response from developer support

ryan-at-melcher
Level 4

I'm not receiving replies (automated or otherwise) from Oculus when submitting tickets through developer.oculus.com. It's been an issue since before the developer landing page was redesigned.

I've submitted tickets using 3 different browsers (with and without add-ons), my phone, email and spoke with a support member on live chat (tickets.oculusvr.com). Live chat directed me to the same contact form on developer.oculus.com that hasn't been working for me.

I had Oculus Support change my account's email address back in January. When all of the contact methods I listed above failed, I started thinking that email change could be the issue. I changed my email to something else but sadly, it still does not work.

I have no idea how to solve this. Is there a web portal to view my tickets? Is there another way to contact support or figure out what the issue might be? I do receive other emails from Oculus, like a recent Privacy Policy message, app analytics and a recent app launch notification. Does Oculus Support even browse these forums?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like it's working! I see your message. Hopefully my reply goes through

Edit: I may as well update this post as it's marked as the solution. I think the main thing that solved the issue was was to reset my Oculus email. Prior to that, I submitted multiple tickets without hearing anything back. (For the record, my previous inbox did receive other Oculus Developer emails, so it appeared to be working okay). I must have submitted more than 6 tickets over the past few weeks, yet only the one sent after I changed emails received a response. I made another post on reddit with more info and a way to view your Zendesk tickets. I'll link it here in case it's helpful to anyone

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ryan-at-melcher
Level 4

Partial progress: I received an email from developer support at my new email, informing me that I have two accounts registered with Zendesk. We agreed to merge them and I'm waiting to hear back.

This raised another question for me: Is the Zendesk ticket system no longer being used? I can't see any way to log in from the site. I found the log in page off Goggle but when I sign in it takes me to a blank page. Same issue on my phone.

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Hello,

Currently, replying to a response from Zendesk through e-mail is the main method of communication with the Developer Support staff. To clarify, Developer Support can be reached through https://developer.oculus.com/support ("Contact Us" towards the middle of the page), while Consumer Support can be reached through https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

ryan-at-melcher
Level 4

Hi @mouse_bear

Thank you for the response! I am struggling to get support using the first method. That is, I don't receive emails from Developer Support using the Contact Us form, no matter how I approach it.

Recently, I managed to make contact with developer support after I changed my Oculus email and submitted a new ticket. The support member revealed there were/are two (Zendesk?) accounts for me, one of which is using my old email. The support member asked to merge my accounts and I accepted. Since then, I haven't heard back.

The ticket was #30622. Are you able to access these tickets and see whether my response on Sept 8 and 9 went through? I can provide the user and organization IDs if needed.

My theory is that the account merge reverted my email on Zendesk to the old one. I tried to re-apply my email this morning and submit a new ticket. No response on that one either.

Thanks again Mouse! I hope this issue can finally be solved!

Ryan

I've just sent you a response (about half an hour ago) to your ticket - let me know in the ticket if you've received it!

Looks like it's working! I see your message. Hopefully my reply goes through

Edit: I may as well update this post as it's marked as the solution. I think the main thing that solved the issue was was to reset my Oculus email. Prior to that, I submitted multiple tickets without hearing anything back. (For the record, my previous inbox did receive other Oculus Developer emails, so it appeared to be working okay). I must have submitted more than 6 tickets over the past few weeks, yet only the one sent after I changed emails received a response. I made another post on reddit with more info and a way to view your Zendesk tickets. I'll link it here in case it's helpful to anyone

Thanks for the update! For context to others who view the links - the Zendesk login page and support ticket portal linked only applies to tickets sent to Consumer Support (we use a completely different instance).

Pedraza_Family
Level 2

I havent received any info on my ticket number 3958014