cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need response from developer support

ryan-at-melcher
Protege

I'm not receiving replies (automated or otherwise) from Oculus when submitting tickets through developer.oculus.com. It's been an issue since before the developer landing page was redesigned.

I've submitted tickets using 3 different browsers (with and without add-ons), my phone, email and spoke with a support member on live chat (tickets.oculusvr.com). Live chat directed me to the same contact form on developer.oculus.com that hasn't been working for me.

I had Oculus Support change my account's email address back in January. When all of the contact methods I listed above failed, I started thinking that email change could be the issue. I changed my email to something else but sadly, it still does not work.

I have no idea how to solve this. Is there a web portal to view my tickets? Is there another way to contact support or figure out what the issue might be? I do receive other emails from Oculus, like a recent Privacy Policy message, app analytics and a recent app launch notification. Does Oculus Support even browse these forums?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Looks like it's working! I see your message. Hopefully my reply goes through

Edit: I may as well update this post as it's marked as the solution. I think the main thing that solved the issue was was to reset my Oculus email. Prior to that, I submitted multiple tickets without hearing anything back. (For the record, my previous inbox did receive other Oculus Developer emails, so it appeared to be working okay). I must have submitted more than 6 tickets over the past few weeks, yet only the one sent after I changed emails received a response. I made another post on reddit with more info and a way to view your Zendesk tickets. I'll link it here in case it's helpful to anyone

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

ryan-at-melcher
Protege

Partial progress: I received an email from developer support at my new email, informing me that I have two accounts registered with Zendesk. We agreed to merge them and I'm waiting to hear back.

This raised another question for me: Is the Zendesk ticket system no longer being used? I can't see any way to log in from the site. I found the log in page off Goggle but when I sign in it takes me to a blank page. Same issue on my phone.

mouse_bear
Retired Support

Hello,

Currently, replying to a response from Zendesk through e-mail is the main method of communication with the Developer Support staff. To clarify, Developer Support can be reached through https://developer.oculus.com/support ("Contact Us" towards the middle of the page), while Consumer Support can be reached through https://tickets.oculusvr.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

ryan-at-melcher
Protege

Hi @mouse_bear

Thank you for the response! I am struggling to get support using the first method. That is, I don't receive emails from Developer Support using the Contact Us form, no matter how I approach it.

Recently, I managed to make contact with developer support after I changed my Oculus email and submitted a new ticket. The support member revealed there were/are two (Zendesk?) accounts for me, one of which is using my old email. The support member asked to merge my accounts and I accepted. Since then, I haven't heard back.

The ticket was #30622. Are you able to access these tickets and see whether my response on Sept 8 and 9 went through? I can provide the user and organization IDs if needed.

My theory is that the account merge reverted my email on Zendesk to the old one. I tried to re-apply my email this morning and submit a new ticket. No response on that one either.

Thanks again Mouse! I hope this issue can finally be solved!

Ryan

I've just sent you a response (about half an hour ago) to your ticket - let me know in the ticket if you've received it!

Looks like it's working! I see your message. Hopefully my reply goes through

Edit: I may as well update this post as it's marked as the solution. I think the main thing that solved the issue was was to reset my Oculus email. Prior to that, I submitted multiple tickets without hearing anything back. (For the record, my previous inbox did receive other Oculus Developer emails, so it appeared to be working okay). I must have submitted more than 6 tickets over the past few weeks, yet only the one sent after I changed emails received a response. I made another post on reddit with more info and a way to view your Zendesk tickets. I'll link it here in case it's helpful to anyone

Thanks for the update! For context to others who view the links - the Zendesk login page and support ticket portal linked only applies to tickets sent to Consumer Support (we use a completely different instance).

Pedraza_Family
Honored Guest

I havent received any info on my ticket number 3958014