cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus screen casting in custom web application

sseget
Honored Guest

I'm trying to create a web application (for PC) that will display the screencasting from Oculus Quest. I don't want to create any native application for oculus to catch the stream, so I tried 2 approaches:

1. Create a webpage for Oculus with screencasting option and then using webrtc stream it to the browser on PC - but this doesn't work I cannot get the screen stream - Oculus browser (based on Android Browser) doesn't support Screen Capture API - 
  2. Use Oculus Casting (this which works with oculus.com/casting or mobile Oculus application). Still, I cannot find any API documentation for that. I've tried to check how the oculus page works - it uses the webrtc under the hood, but when I tried to use the webrtc offer taken from graph.oculus.com/graphql - I get the following error:
ERROR Error: Uncaught (in promise): InvalidAccessError: Failed to execute 'setRemoteDescription' on 'RTCPeerConnection': Failed to set remote offer sdp: Called with SDP without DTLS fingerprint.
Error: Failed to execute 'setRemoteDescription' on 'RTCPeerConnection': Failed to set remote offer sdp: Called with SDP without DTLS fingerprint.

that means that the sdp from Oculus API doesn't contain the fingerprint. I tried to find a way to disable this chrome security check using the --disable-webrtc-encryption, but it doesn't work..

Have you any other suggestions or hints?

2 REPLIES 2

vastness
Protege
I'd be interested in how you go with this.
I want to have an app on a tablet that allows me to change settings on an app on the headset but be able to see what is in the headset.
Both Unity apps

jece.xavier
Honored Guest

Hi @sseget.

I'm doing work at the university I need to create a website that will display the screencasting of the Oculus Quest 2 in real time. Where can I start studying to be able to do it?