cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayoVR still works! :D

ProtopottyGames
Explorer
Hello everyone,
I was just working with Photon (PUN) for some multiplayer networking stuff and I thought I would mention for anyone who might be interested that PlayoVR for VRTK still works even though it hasn't been updated in a while.

🙂

If you aren't familiar with PlayoVR, it's a Photon PUN and Voice project for Unity that is set up to give you a better understanding and/or head start on setting up your multiplayer VR project in Unity with VRTK. If you plan on having multiplayer in your game/experience, and you're using VRTK, I highly recommend checking it out. Might save you some steps.

😉
PlayoVR:
https://github.com/quintesse/PlayoVR

Note: I recommend updating Photon PUN and Photon Voice as well as removing the older versions of them from the PlayoVR package before importing PlayoVR into your Unity project.
5 REPLIES 5

marquem6
Honored Guest
It was actually updated a few days ago. I've been trying to get it to work with the Go but I'm having issues with the Photon Voice.  I'll update it , like you suggested.

ProtopottyGames
Explorer
Sorry, I haven't received my Go yet so I've been unable to test it. Thanks for the heads up about it being recently updated! I'll have to take a look and see what Quintesse has added. :smile:

ProtopottyGames
Explorer
Ah..it looks like he's made it compatible with the most recent version of VRTK 3.3 to better accommodate the new SDK constructor. Neato.

treendy
Sightseer
Hi all... anyone used PlayoVR with Oculus? i have followed the setup instructions, press run, and it plays within the unity editor... i move my oculus headset around, and it moves on the screen as expected... however, putting the oculus on my head, i can see the Oculus Home thing... the game isnt running in my headset?  any suggestions?

BBigG
Protege
Hey everybody,
did anybody get this example running with VRTK v4 and oculus 1.39?
Cheers.