cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my web-based launcher app. An app starts but shows black

maxakal
Honored Guest
I have a PHP based web app launcher for oculus apps which make VR demonstrations way easier.
Since you dont need to hook up a monitor each client and no need to run VR demos manually.

The main function of this web app is triggering oculus apps through a web browser. 

Actually, my web app is working well since all the apps start and work except one of them.

See the link below. This app is starting but showing a black screen. It's the introduction to virtual reality app (itvr2.exe), which is still my favorite for first-timers. 
https://www.oculus.com/experiences/rift/1006887936048510/

Actually, the app is launching however only shows a black screen. I am not sure if its related to video codecs or not, 
Here is the message that I see in the readme file of the non-working vr app  "This software uses libraries from the FFmpeg project under the LGPLv2.1" 

Here are some of my attempts which could help you to find out.  
1. When I double click itvr2.exe, it runs well.
2. When I run launch itvr2.exe via command line, it runs. 
3. When I create a .bat file to run the app's exe, it works well as long as the .bat file is in the same directory with the app's exe. If not then literally the same problem is happening. Starts but a black screen. 
5.When I run the bat file via PHP, it doesn't work again, the same problem happens. 

Any help is appreciated. 

The output of the error is below. 
1 REPLY 1

maxakal
Honored Guest
Number of Processor: 4

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

nbThreads: 4

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Number of threads:4

Exception: Could not open file
  at FP_VideoDecoder.Init (System.String movieFile) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FP_AVPlayer.Play () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FP_MENU.VideoStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FP_MENU.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at FP_AVPlayer.DecodeNextFrame () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at FP_AVPlayer.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)