cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raise the maximum display brightness

felix_pirch
Honored Guest
Hi,

for a project at university I built an Unity-App, which should just generate a constant flicker.
When I run the App on my Desktop with an amplitude-modulated Display-Backlight the evaluated results match the flicker.
But if I run the App on the Oculus Go with a pulse-width modulated Display-Backlight the evaluated results doesn't match. There are no visible differences in the flicker, but the human brain seems to interpret it different (and thats what matters for me).

So is there a possibility to raise the Brightness of the Oculus Go's display higher than intended, to let the single peaks in brightness grow together? The maximum possible brightness in the Oculus settings gives me only a duty cycle of up to 9%, so I would need to raise the brightness a lot and have to dim the lenses afterwards for not blinding users but in my case it's worth the expenditure.

Thanks for your help!

1 REPLY 1

Buwubi
Protege
Hi, 

I dont believe there is a way to actually increase the headset brightness, in any case, even if there was it would be a hardware specific setting, not a software specific setting. Meaning you would get it to work like you want to on your headset but it would not translate over to anyone else's headset. (Think changing brightness setting on a TV)

If you are looking to increase the brightness of an object or light, I suggest looking into Post-Processing, and playing with Bloom or Exposure.