General Development
Share general VR development feedback, issues, and challenges here!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Interaction SDK Locomotion Issues

Hi,Could someone please explain the LocomotionExamples scene in greater detail? The specific problem that I am having is that I want to allow my players to teleport anywhere in the environment. According to this link, I just need to copy over the Nav...

EMERGENCY our game is down!

We have time left before a data policy use checkup needed to be updated. We filled out the change and submitted it, well it instantly FAILED is and the submission due date now says DECEMBER 1970!.Our users CANNOT properly login right now because of t...

quest 3 audio input latecny ?

We have an app that works fine on quest 2.On quest 3 we have sync issues.The featuer is recording audio along with existing audio (and it syncs it that playback plays back same as recording)what could be different about quest 3 in this regard?Thank f...

Exiting WebXR minimizes the oculus browser

We have a product using threejs and aframe. One of the features lets you redirect to a non xr site. For this we call `xrSession.end()` to end the xr and redirect to the new page. This did work up until recently. Now whenever `xrSession.end()` is call...

Building for Quest 3 only - App Lab requirement

HiI am developing my app to run on Quest 3. I cannot guarantee it runs on earlier versions (Q1 or Q2) but I don't understand the logic. If a developer has to make the app work on older headsets then what is the point if it cannot benefit from the lat...

PWA on Quest

I've been experimenting a bit with PWAs and tried to build and install one on my Quest. I notice some posts here with questions (about failures when following the docs) and I'm guessing the same will happen to me. So far I've tried several utilities ...

360 Images Resolution, format and viewer

Hello there!I have looked around for quite a while but I couldn't find an answer. There are similar topics but they are old or unresolved... Sorry for bothering you again with this...What is the maximum resolution for a 360 spherical equirectangular ...

Flipzo_Z by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ping data overlay

Hi.Fairly new to development and I am stuck with a project.I am trying to develop a program that displays Network information to the user (ping, jitter, packet loss etc.) . I would like this to be able to run over any 3d application in real time Simi...

Unable to travel

I created a bot to play music in my world. I first tried my not-so-great desktop with 8G RAM and oculus desktop yet horizon runs fine. I can travel to worlds without a problem. My issue was that my music buffered too much with my desktop so then I in...

ReeLiveDJ by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Meta Store Policy

hello everyone, I have one question related to the meta-store policy: I have built one application in Unity, and I want to upload it to the Meta Store. My application contains: using my application, users download many other applications and install ...

Oculus quest go 2 design thoughts

Question about the Oculus Go, I have a injury and I really can't play meta Oculus 2 or do the thing with the three the hand gestures, due to my shoulder, can you guys create a metaquest go that incorporates you know that one controller, you could als...

1711144219532.jpg
ASTA_AKI by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unreal Engine or Godot?

I am currently working on a retro, ps1/SNES style VR looter shooter (R/EclipseOfCivilization if interested.) and am curious if I should sketch from godot to UE5. I am very early in development, barely made any gameplay, aside from modeling and grabab...

khogak4 by Honored Guest
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hand tracking update root scale not working

I'm trying to use Hand tracking in my app and no matter what the Hand scale stays at one event with a friends hands that are much smaller.After some investigation, and a lot of debugging, I found that the hand scale is calculated for the first frame ...

Passthrough and hand tracking, hand size

Hi,I managed to use both hand tracking and passthrough with new Unity2021.2.5, OculusXR plugin 1.11.0, XR Plugin Management 4.2.0. But the hands are smaller then my own hands. OVR Custom Skelteon script with update root scale seams to do nothing.Is ...

kshaja by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to verify a webhook request sign

I have successfully set up and verified a webhook endpoint as described in the docs, but upon receiving Event Notification requests, I am stuck at the step of validating the payload. The documentation says the process is as follows (source):We sign a...

pichiste by Honored Guest
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Animating Quill Brush Strokes like Dear Angelica

I'm interested in how to make a VR short similar to "Dear Angelica." DA was done in Quill (and it sounds like Quill was created for it originally), but that's about all I know about the process. I'm still unfamiliar with Quill, but I didn't see a way...

Can't Verify Oculus Developer Account

Hello! I can't seem to verify my account to become a developer. I have tried adding an authenticator (which adds successfully) and adding a phone number (verification text never comes through, tried on Chrome and Edge). Either way when I attempt to a...

Loki_05 by Honored Guest
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Release Channel (Production (App Lab)) does not exist

I tried to upload a new build for my app through the Meta Quest Devloper Hub. All the previous versions are in Release Channel Production (App Lab), but when I select this during the upload and then submit, I get the error message that this channel d...

jboss by Protege
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Top Solution Authors
Labels