cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading build failing to "spawn UNKNOWN"

Cullis_Wullis
Explorer

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue where whenever I try to upload my APK it says build failed "spawn UNKNOWN" on an older version it said that the Oculus Platform Utility was out of date but when I tried updating it from command prompt it said it was up to date please help!

Screenshot 2022-04-21 205137.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I was able to solve this by deleting the app and the "odh" file from %AppData% and the other folder and reinstall it after. 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Argan93
Honored Guest

Same here, can't resolve it

Motanum
Protege

I am getting the same error when trying to upload my very first build to an App I am developing.

Argan93
Honored Guest

I solved it by changing pc! try to disinstall oculus developer hub and delete all associated files

Motanum
Protege

I tried uninstalling from my PC and it did not help.

What is weird is that if I install the APK directly to the quest 2 by going to App manager > Apps > Upload, the build uploads and launches without any issues.

I was able to solve this by deleting the app and the "odh" file from %AppData% and the other folder and reinstall it after. 

What do you mean by %AppData% i have never seen it.

Please respond

It is a folder. Copy %AppData% and paste it onto the windows search bar, it will show you the folder's location.

Inside that folder, find the "odh" folder and delete it. Once you reinstall the Oculus Dev Hub, it will create that folder again.

where is odh *EDIT* i found it

LeoVonderharr
Honored Guest

i did all of this but nothing is helping any else ways!!