cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Setting: Enable / Disable Passthrough Camera For Apps

EpicOculi
Honored Guest
I think the decision to allow or disallow access to the tracking cameras should be a user decision. Therefore in the settings I would like to see options to enable or disable application access to the tracking cameras and the guardian system point cloud. This may require new application permission such as "Allow This Application Access to Tracking Cameras" and of course: API access to said capabilities. This would be no less of a security risk than allowing the device to access my microphone, my videos folder, my photos or my general FB account information and adding these features would enable mixed reality applications.
1 REPLY 1

TheC0llectoR
Protege

I've see this has gone unanswered/replied to for to long. It's sad that you make a perfectly reasonable submission and not a single dev bothered to chime in. The user should have the final say, period. If we bought the device and paid for the software then we now become responsible for using it the way that best suites us. I mean, if you build a car and sell it to me, are you going to come to my place and go over everything on it everytime I need to start it up and use it? I don't think so. We are android ,not iOS! And they wonder why there are so many hammer and fist hackers out there......