cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.18 Rift Release Notes

VirtuaJulian
Adventurer
Update 1.18 is now rolling out to Oculus Rift users. For past, present, and future patch notes, visit: http://ocul.us/releasenotes ;

FEATURES
  • Demo Mode: You can now set up your Oculus Library to show only a certain selection of apps using the Demo Mode option in Settings. This can help developers at trade shows, or just let you set up your Rift as a self-guided tour of VR for your friends.
  • Mixed Reality Capture: Further improvements to the calibration tool including support for stereo cameras.
BUG FIXES:
  • Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancements, and bug fixes.
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
We have to set up a workplace account in order to access the patch notes?

jesusrg
Explorer
I think this version is too "please use your oculus to sell more oculus no matter what".... Demo mode, then mixed reality mode, and last miscellaneous performance improvements, stability and bug fixed?
you have to first fix bugs, then stablity, then performance improvementes, and las sell your shit.... If your shit is bug fixed, stable, and has peformance improvements then your shit will sell itself.

Richooal
Consultant

jesusrg said:
you have to first fix bugs, then stablity, then performance improvementes, and las sell your shit.... If your shit is bug fixed, stable, and has peformance improvements then your shit will sell itself.

I think Oculus is still hiring. With insight like this, you should give them a call.
Go ahead, sell your shit to 'em.

To get back on topic. The Demo mode seems to be a nice feature, but I think we're all needing some way to organise our Apps/Games.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

KinkyJalepeno
Explorer

Richooal said:

jesusrg said:

I think Oculus is still hiring. With insight like this, you should give them a call.
Go ahead, sell your shit to 'em.

To get back on topic. The Demo mode seems to be a nice feature, but I think we're all needing some way to organise our Apps/Games.

Absolutely, and yeah and I'd like to put apps and games I don't own into a watch or wish-list ala Steam.
Can't be that difficult right? Right? RIIIIIGHT?
Home built VR rig
NZXT H440 Black Mid-Tower
Intel i7-7700 Kaby Lake
Asus Maximus IX Hero mobo
NVidia 1080ti
32 Gb Corsair 3200Mhz DDR4
Corsair H80i liquid cooling

kluster
Honored Guest
Well demo mode is nice now that every vr app launched on the computer show up by default on the library  o:) (no, I don't really want my friends to test some weird Japanese demos I downloaded to try to understand what VR is about in the country of the rising sun)
But yes I do agree, a folder/tags feature to organize should be added. It wasn't really a go to feature at the beginning as there were only a few apps/games on the oculus store, but now, the store is quite rich and as previously said, now that each vr app/game show up by default some of us end up with a 10/20 pages library (or even more) which is starting to be hassling to browse through.
CV1+Touch with 3 sensors

Sharpfish
Heroic Explorer
Please for the love of all things (un)holy, add a feature to decouple the Home username from our Forum username! My only alternative is to wipe this forum account and start again under a new name not linked to my rift/home account to get some kind of privacy (if I want to share my oculus home username to non oculus forum members). I don't want them reading my crap here. 😉 
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR/CV1/Q2/PSVR2 | Currently Quest Pro (PCVR) | VR developer
RTX 3080 FE / 12900k / Windows 11 Pro

jay4405
Expert Protege
This is what I'm begging for: Allow us to roll back the update in-case the performance gets worse. Having a simple roll back option is necessary. Having any customer wait for a month in hopes that the next update will fix there issue is absurd. Allow us to do what every other pc component does and allow us to roll back. The 1.11 update should have been an eye opener. If customers would have been able to roll back then you wouldn't have received all the bad publicity.  

elboffor
Consultant
Can you roll back with steam?
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

roadczar
Protege
"Miscellaneous performance improvements, stability enhancements, and bug fixes" We're back to this again? How about some details.