cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1.21 broke my rift

Oops01
Protege
HI, all just as the title says the update it looks brilliant but I just cannot launch a game from it, It justs lags and becomes unusable to the point that my monitor screen goes back and I have to reboot the pc to get it going again. It sucks because I'd been saying how good it was to anyone who would listen, then on Christmas day my nephew came to have a look and when he put on the headset it crashed :# :#  
I've never had the slightest problem with it before. I've reverted back to the previous version but I'm not sure how long that will last for?
6 REPLIES 6

Oops01 said:

HI, all just as the title says the update it looks brilliant but I just cannot launch a game from it, It justs lags and becomes unusable to the point that my monitor screen goes back and I have to reboot the pc to get it going again. It sucks because I'd been saying how good it was to anyone who would listen, then on Christmas day my nephew came to have a look and when he put on the headset it crashed :# :#  
I've never had the slightest problem with it before. I've reverted back to the previous version but I'm not sure how long that will last for?

"1.21 broke my rift"

Open a support ticket to get a new Rift.

Or just type up an accurate post.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Oops01
Protege
Hi, no you misunderstand my rift itself hasn't broken it's just when I run the software version 1.21(beta) when I revert back to the previous version 1.20 it works but I'm worried that when they bring in the new software (1.21) It won't work at all.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well it is still in Beta stage.

I would encourage you to contact support in this regard.
https://support.oculus.com/1702745539746285/#community

falken76
Expert Consultant

Oops01 said:

Hi, no you misunderstand my rift itself hasn't broken it's just when I run the software version 1.21(beta) when I revert back to the previous version 1.20 it works but I'm worried that when they bring in the new software (1.21) It won't work at all.

It is in Beta so they can fix those issues before it is officially launched.  That's why Beta's exist in the first place.

Oops01 said:

Really?  Thanks for letting me know.  I thought your Rift had exploded or something all because of some beta software.

Almost as dramatic as the infamous "Fall Creators update has broken my Oculus".
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Did you update your video driver? Nvidia and AMD both released drivers with specific feature implementations to support Core 2.0. 

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo