cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd sensor available in Canada???

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Oculus, please make available (the extra sensor for purchase) to the distributors of Oculus product in Canada. Either Bestbuy.ca or Amazon.ca, they carry everything except the extra sensor you have made available for 360 degree room improvement. In Canada or even other places other than USA, we would have to pay a premium to get extra product not available separately here. Thanks!!

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

8 REPLIES 8

TwoHedWlf
Expert Trustee

Oculus, please make available (the extra sensor for purchase) to the distributors of Oculus product in Canada. Either Bestbuy.ca or Amazon.ca, they carry everything except the extra sensor you have made available for 360 degree room improvement. In Canada or even other places other than USA, we would have to pay a premium to get extra product not available separately here. Thanks!!

Why do you not want to just buy it straight from Oculus?  AFAIK none of the accessories are sold anywhere but direct from Oculus.  But, I haven't looked.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Reason's:

- product will cost at least 30% more buying from Canada, prob more in other places
- long shipping wait direct from Oculus

Also, all accessories are available from Amazon.ca EXCEPT the sensor. Take the time to look before posting. Amazon.ca is just the store front for Oculus in Canada. So all product is still direct from Oculus.

i7 8700k; 5ghz (water cooled), Asus Rog Strix Z370-E Gaming, Corsair 270R case, EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, 32 GB Corsair Veng DDR4 2666 Ghz, Adata SX900 SSD, 1TB M.2 SSD, Adata Su800 SSD, Adata SU650 SSD, BarraCuda 2TB HD, Toshiba 3tB HD, Rift (dead), Rift S, Win 10 Pro 2004, Inateck KT4006 USB3.0

ShocksVR
Superstar
I'm guessing there might be some sort of import tax?
i7-7700k, Zotac RTX 3080 AMP Holo (10G), QuestPro, Quest 2
Previous: Oculus GO, Oculus RIFT - 3 sensor Room-scale, Oculus Rift S

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Direct from Oculus purchases include free shipping (for accessories), and they didn't charge any taxes on my Rift or Touch (sales tax must be bundled into the price).

You're not going to get a better deal through third-parties. I believe Best Buy charges the same selling price as Oculus for the Rift and accessories, but they then add tax and shipping.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Mike_Muck
Explorer
The CDN price for an additional sensor is $109.00. This was the full amount I was charged, in CDN funds, and included the Sensor, all taxes, shipping and duties.

I ordered it on December 6, and it arrived on December 28. Note: this was during the initial shipments, so there was a delay in shipping items.

Other than the delivery wait time, you're not going to find a better deal.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Thanks for the helpful responses!!!

Mike_Muck
Explorer
I just said yesterday, "you're not going to find a better deal".... I was wrong.   

With the new price drops, an additional sensor is now $79.00 CDN.

PhoenixSpyder
Rising Star
Thanks Mike, I just saw that about and hour ago...looks like I'm going to order another sensor from them shortly.