cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$51.00 Australian for a friggen extension cable. Oculus really need to get it together for people

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Why cant they have this lead in Hong Kong for Australians.

SO mad !!
34 REPLIES 34

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
It is poor planning by an international company. 
I mean seriously what is wrong with these people.. As if the original cable length is long enough.
They should fire the engineer in charge of cable length
I just bought one also. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem of people who don't understand xD everything in Australian cost more - it's been a known fact.

Richooal
Consultant

Why couldn't they have the HDMI and USB separate? It would have been slightly heavier, but cheap as chips to replace either one, using readily available cables.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer

Mradr said:

The problem of people who don't understand xD everything in Australian cost more - it's been a known fact.

No the friggen international postage

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer

Richooal said:

Why couldn't they have the HDMI and USB separate? It would have been slightly heavier, but cheap as chips to replace either one, using readily available cables.

Its very bad planning and mass produced could be innexpensive

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mradr said:

No the friggen international postage

Again - everything cost more there... sure they could've went for two cables - then people would have complain about that as well - still in the same boat. More so , it's not always about planning, but works best. If I had to deal with eve more cables - that be even more annoying. One cable is already a pain. I had used and own a Vive for a little while - I really didn't like it when comparing it to the rift. Not that it was a BIG deal - but it was a point off.

You know, I am just going to ask - I never did understand this, but why complain here when the postage itself is from your government. Why not instead, complain to your government that they need to lower the postage and import taxes instead? I am just asking why - it just seems silly...

KenSniper
Adventurer
Man at least you can get it, I have to go through a third party shipping company cuz of unsupported country which is even more expensive, not to mention if i have any problems with my rift, support will simply say "oh cuz you're not in one of our supported countries" and closes ticket

Richooal
Consultant

Mradr said:

but why complain here when the postage itself is from your government. Why not instead, complain to your government that they need to lower the postage and import taxes instead? I am just asking why - it just seems silly...

The government has nothing to do with postage costs to Australia and there is no import tax to pay either.
I get plenty of things sent to me from China with free postage. The US has notoriously high shipping charges to Australia and those charges are NOT set by the AU Govt.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.