cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

600 bucks is the right price

aminemo
Explorer
I bought dk1 and dk2 for more than 600$ in total.
I prefer to pay a high quality for double price rather than
two times the half for low quality .
If you dont like that price buy a google vr box.
37 REPLIES 37

Maxxgold
Rising Star
Yeah, I agree. Overall I'm very happy with my purchase and can't wait till the day it arrives.

Gigantoad
Adventurer
Thanks for letting us know. It was invaluable and definitely warranted making a thread.

EisernSchild
Explorer
Yes, you're right. Quality has a price. This is not exorbitant at all since you get an excellent product. And both the Oculus Remote and the VR-audio system are necessary to keep this quality level. XBone Gamepad ? Don't know, but overall a good bundle.

aorton27
Explorer
I wish I could pay $600 but instead it will be closer to $1100(including shipping, duty and tax) due to the Canadian dollar and it wasn't long ago our dollar was worth more than the US. It really sucks.

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I don't think anyone likes paying a high price for something unless you are Mr Rich. So should we all buy Google cardboard then? I agree, it defiantly need this thread to put things into perspective.

Flinty84
Honored Guest
"aminemo" wrote:
I bought dk1 and dk2 for more than 600$ in total.
I prefer to pay a high quality for double price rather than
two times the half for low quality .
If you dont like that price buy a google vr box.

:roll:

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
Anyone know how long Google Cardboard lasts? I'm debating whether to get the Cardboard or the plastic version that's a few $ more. I'm just scared I end up sitting on the Cardboard version or resemble the bloke in this Pic in any shape or form.

Darcanis
Adventurer
"aorton27" wrote:
I wish I could pay $600 but instead it will be closer to $1100(including shipping, duty and tax) due to the Canadian dollar and it wasn't long ago our dollar was worth more than the US. It really sucks.

Also Canadian and I'd happily pay $600, but $1100! Ummmm no... Last night I priced out 3 3d monitors and a new ssd for that price! Granted they were on sale, but still!
Fire and brimstone coming down from the sky! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes! The dead rising from the grave! Facebook buying the Oculus Rift! Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Zilaan
Honored Guest
"EisernSchild" wrote:
Yes, you're right. Quality has a price. This is not exorbitant at all since you get an excellent product. And both the Oculus Remote and the VR-audio system are necessary to keep this quality level. XBone Gamepad ? Don't know, but overall a good bundle.

There is no Oculus Touch in the bundle and it surely won't be free when they make it available. 600+taxes+shipment is too much for the price they made us believe CV would be since DK1 in 2013.