cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

980ti or 1080 for streaming VR? Whats the difference?

primocell
Explorer
so today i finally decided to test streaming vr on twitch with my 970 and to my surprise it was surprisingly easy since game capture worked flawlessly, and the framerate was what seemed perfect, before i was going to wait for my 1080(i have it preordered but people are saying evga's non reference cards wont be on amazon til mid june) or to just get a 980ti and use that, the goal is to stream vr, i play on a 1080p monitor @just 60htz so i know a 1080 would be overkill but i was really wanting one, would a 980ti still max out everything for me? is getting a 1080 kinda pointless in my case? is the new technology behind the new 10 series cards not much to miss out on? the whole "twice as strong as a titan x" made me think well for vr the card must be a god but if vr games seem to have no real graphical changes we can make right now, and being in vr while also streaming it on twitch can be done successfully from a 970 then should i just get a 980ti and get to it right away? what difference would i see between a 1080 and 980ti in vr or in 1080p gaming?

sorry for all the questions but im just trying to figure out my best choice
3 REPLIES 3

benplace
Rising Star
I just wonder when NVidia is going to catch up with technology.  4K monitors are everywhere now and they are just now releasing a 1080 card?

nosys70
Expert Protege
Lol

ViperXavier
Explorer

benplace said:

I just wonder when NVidia is going to catch up with technology.  4K monitors are everywhere now and they are just now releasing a 1080 card?

I was wondering the same thing! :'(