cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A ray of hope for those of you that get motion sick easily

calebkraft
Protege
Just thought I'd share my experience so far with the CV1. I got very queasy using dk1 and dk2. Enough that I would be sweating and dizzy for quite a while after using it for any period over 5 minutes. I did it anyway though because VR is awesome.

CV1 allows me to explore with only slight discomfort that goes away after just a few moments. Actually, I went all the way through the adventure time game and only had a few moments of any unease at all. Took off the rift and I was fine.

so, there is hope for those of you that get woozy.
3 REPLIES 3

Zoomie
Expert Trustee
Great to hear.  I'm hoping either my CV1 ships soon, or they allow IPD adjustment with DK 2.3
At the moment the lack of IPD means I'm suffering mild eye-strain while trying to check out all the new hotness on Home.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. - Arthur C Clarke

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
That's good to hear, but is this because you are now playing games that were made for the Rift? I own a DK2 and haven't experienced any sickness with the games and demos in the Oculus Store. I suffered horrible sickness before Runtime 1.3 and games outside of the Oculus Store.

calebkraft
Protege
I have no idea if it is from the runtime or what, it is just considerably better.