cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to post YouTube links

dannparks
Level 2
Hi. I'm new to the forums and am trying to post some new project VR video links in the Showcase section and it says I need to be around a bit more to be able to do this. What do I need to do to get this ability. Thanks. 
5 REPLIES 5

Richooal
Level 12
You need to be around a bit more.

No one will tell you how long or how many posts you need, just hang in there. Where is this "Showcase" section you talk of?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

dannparks
Level 2
Thanks for the reply. "Showcase" looks like one of the categories on the board. I was looking for a place to post some new experimental VR180 music videos I've been working on for feedback and suggestions.

I guess I'll hang around and maybe make a few comments, etc. and see what happens. It seems an odd barrier to interaction on the site.   

hoppingbunny123
Level 8
post it as a link using the link feature that worked for me when i couldnt post youtube videos on some sites. looks like two circles stacked vertically.

follow song

https://youtu.be/bubOcI11sps

kojack
Volunteer Moderator
Volunteer Moderator
If you make the post and send me a PM with the video links I can edit them in for you.

The link ban is to stop spammers, youtube got caught in the middle since the forum sees it as a link. After an unspecified number of posts (don't want to make it too easy for spammers by telling them how many) you get full link/video posting permissions.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Richooal
Level 12

dannparks said:

Thanks for the reply. "Showcase" looks like one of the categories on the board. I was looking for a place to post some new experimental VR180 music videos I've been working on for feedback and suggestions.

Oh, I see it now. I've got to scroll down more often.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.