cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ability to post YouTube links

dannparks
Honored Guest
Hi. I'm new to the forums and am trying to post some new project VR video links in the Showcase section and it says I need to be around a bit more to be able to do this. What do I need to do to get this ability. Thanks. 
5 REPLIES 5

Richooal
Consultant
You need to be around a bit more.

No one will tell you how long or how many posts you need, just hang in there. Where is this "Showcase" section you talk of?
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.

dannparks
Honored Guest
Thanks for the reply. "Showcase" looks like one of the categories on the board. I was looking for a place to post some new experimental VR180 music videos I've been working on for feedback and suggestions.

I guess I'll hang around and maybe make a few comments, etc. and see what happens. It seems an odd barrier to interaction on the site.   

hoppingbunny123
Rising Star
post it as a link using the link feature that worked for me when i couldnt post youtube videos on some sites. looks like two circles stacked vertically.

follow song

https://youtu.be/bubOcI11sps

kojack
MVP
MVP
If you make the post and send me a PM with the video links I can edit them in for you.

The link ban is to stop spammers, youtube got caught in the middle since the forum sees it as a link. After an unspecified number of posts (don't want to make it too easy for spammers by telling them how many) you get full link/video posting permissions.
Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Richooal
Consultant

dannparks said:

Thanks for the reply. "Showcase" looks like one of the categories on the board. I was looking for a place to post some new experimental VR180 music videos I've been working on for feedback and suggestions.

Oh, I see it now. I've got to scroll down more often.
i5 6600k - GTX1060 - 8GB RAM - Rift CV1 + 3 Sensors - 1 minor problem
Dear Oculus, If it ain't broke, don't fix it, please.