cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About friend requests

werelamb
Protege
Hi I have a question about friend requests, If I click the add friend button it changes to a clock symbol or a cancel request button, my question is if a request is refused does it return to the original add friend symbol or does it stay on the clock symbol indefinatly?  ie is it possible to tell if a request has been refused or simply not seen/accepted yet?
10 REPLIES 10

RattyUK
Trustee
I don't know, but if you wish to experiment, send me a request and I'll refuse... (nothing personal - honest!)

Then you can report back here what happens and we'll all know 🙂
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

werelamb
Protege
Thanks RattyUK I just sent one

DTH
Heroic Explorer
What would happen to the clock if accepted?  Is it some type of timer where he has so many days or months to answer.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't think there's any sort of time limit to requests. The clock just stays there until the request is accepted or refused. Nathie accepted my friend request the other day and I sent that to him around a year or so ago. Unsociable git lol 😛

RattyUK
Trustee
The only option I got was either to be your friend @werelamb  - which of course I wouldn't do because my mum told me not to speak to strangers (which is difficult as I don't think anyone is stranger than me!) - or to block you, which I chose.

Now to see what happens your side, if anything!

I'll unblock you later as that really is very unsociable :smiley:

ETA: sorry for the delay, was visiting my wife in hospital.
PC info: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X - Sapphire 7900XTX - 32GB DDR4 4000 - 3 NVMe + 3SATA SSD - Quest 2 & 3

werelamb
Protege
Hi RattyUK now that I'm blocked I can't see your profile at all so can see any clock button etc, usually there's an option when someone requests to be a friend where it says accept or decline? strange that you only had an accept or block option

RattyUK
Trustee
I did wonder if that might happen!  I've removed the block so now I will exist again.

So I guess if someone doesn't want to be a friend they either ignore you or vanish altogether, harsh 😞

werelamb
Protege
OK so I tested this a bit more, apparently when you make a friend request and its rejected, the clock symbol remains and the cancel request button also still says cancel request (I find that even clicking "cancel request" changes nothing it still simply says "cancel request" rather then resetting the button to "add friend")....this kind of sucks as you can't be sure if the request has been rejected or even been seen

To explain my interest in this a bit more the issue arises from the fact that out of our group of regular 10-15 or so players who have been playing together in various configurations for several hours almost everyday over the last year or so , 1 player recently appears to have simultaneously unfriended almost all of us (happened right after an oculus update so it may be a bug), anyway several of us were concerned so we sent her some friend requests, but as we can't see if they're rejected or not, there's no way of telling if the unfriending was deliberate or a bug. While we'd obviously be sad to lose a good friend if its deliberate (it's obviously each persons choice who they want to be friends, but it seemed a bit out of character in this case), we'd also hate for her to think we all unfriended her if its simply been a bug

DTH
Heroic Explorer
So with friends in Rift, there is no internal IM or email?