cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adventure VR (Dev Updates) SDK v0.4.1

rubixcube6
Explorer
Adventure, a game for the Atari 2600 video game console, was the very first action-adventure video game. I'm a big fan of the classics! I wanted to remake an old game for VR and what better place to start than a game that sparked a genre.

This is a Beta version of level one only. Please let me know if you run into any issues or glitches.
Download here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8333

In case your still wondering what Adventure is, heres a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGqZ5eFEdDU&t=0m19s

Suggestions and criticism welcome.

-
106 REPLIES 106

Luciferous
Consultant
"rubixcube6" wrote:
Me too, the wait is killing me! lol Does your order still say processing or do you have a tracking number?

Ahhh I know, this is worse than the DK1 wait. Mine just says processing, I'm in the UK. Last time though my DK1 arrived while my order status still said processing. So I am ever hopeful. 😄

I have an overclocked I7 and 780TI being delivered, so that will keep me busy building my PC for a few days.

rubixcube6
Explorer
For this version I've added automatic re-centering. If this version is working properly for you please post back here.

Download here: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8333

If you like this method of automatic re-centering and want to implement this into your project, you can download the Unity 3D script here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61346292/Webpages/oculus_games_page/unity-3d-scripts.html

rubixcube6
Explorer
I just finished a big part of level 2 that has taken me days to finish! All 56 walls are now linked properly so that dragons can move around the level properly. I also got the red dragon finished and working.

Now I just need to make the bat, and get the easter egg working. 🙂

rubixcube6
Explorer
I finally found some time today to make the 3d model of the Bat, and animate it. The bat flies from room to room searching for objects to pick up (it can't pick things up yet, but I'm working on that). Most of the code was copped from the dragons and modified which made it a lot easier to setup. Now I need to take some of the player code and apply it to the bat so it can pick up and drop items.

I also updated the main menu scene. I added a notepad with instructions for keyboard/joystick controls and some notes about the game's objective. Now you can change levels by pressing space, or one of the face buttons on your controller ABXY. To start just walk into the TV screen.

As soon as I finish level 2 I will release another beta (which should be fairly soon).

drash
Heroic Explorer
Looks great! 🙂 Love the controls written down on paper.
  • Titans of Space PLUS for Quest is now available on DrashVR.com

rubixcube6
Explorer
Thanks! 🙂

Oh btw, Awesome work on your latest version of Titans of Space! Its one of my favorite DK2 experiences yet.

zboson
Superstar

kojack said:

It wasn't on the 2600 (it was on the the C64, Spectrum, Atari ST, Amstrad, pc and Amiga) but a great remake would be the Freescape engine games. Driller, Total Eclipse, Castle Master, etc.

First person 3d exploration games from 1987-1991.

I don't know how I missed Castle Master as I had an Amiga then. It looks quite awesome for its time. Dungeon master came out about the same time but did not have true 3D like Castle Master. I think the Amiga's bitplane graphics hardware was not well suited for textures in 3D unfortunately. Would be cool to see this remade on the Rift.