cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alien: Isolation

wildone106
Level 2
So reviews are coming out and it seems quite good, wonder if anyone will be able to hack it to work with the Rift? I only wanted to play with it this and wont buy it unless I can!
32 REPLIES 32

7andromeda7
Level 2
Im sure it will work with vorpx or similar...
But i reckon the reason they didnt include support in the first place was for the same reasons as that other scifi..Routine...
Motion sickness.
Isolation wasn't built from the ground up for VR, so it would naturally make susceptible people queezy..

Sharpfish
Level 7
well I can't see why the usual methods of brute forcing VR into a game won't work here, whether it'll play well or not is a different matter. I would love to be in those environments in VR regardless of the game so will keep an eye on developments. Of course there may be a slim chance they official support the rift come CV1 time, after all the showing of it in VR at the game shows (inc just last week - again!).

I guess they can't officially support at this time because of the fact it wasn't designed for VR so movement etc probably causes the usual sickness, but perhaps they have plans, perhaps Oculus have told them about their new top-secret contoller work and that may play a part in it a year from now...

Either way, if any game makes me want to put up with some sickness to try out sitting in it and soaking up the atmosphere it's this one, even if the game itself turns out to be poor.

edit > note I was typing my post before the one above me appeared, hence the repeated opinion 🙂
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR | Currently RIFT CV1 & Quest 2 | Future Reverb G2 | VR developer RTX 3080 FE / 8700k / Windows 10 Pro

Gizmotweak
Level 3
@7andromeda7

Queezy might add to the experience with a game like this...just have a bucket near your dest to be safe.

@Wildone

I am so sure that they will release a Rift enabled VR version when the CV1 launch i would bet money on it. THey did demo a prototype build of a small section of the game for the rift a bit ago. They probably want to wait for the cash to roll in on normal release before the invest heavily in doing the whole thing.

Money now...more Money later.

But I am with you. I want to exerience this on the rift the first time i play it too.
This space available for advertising.

Sharpfish
Level 7
They were demoing it still just last week at the oculus booth, again, which is strange for a title they said they had no plans for official VR support for. There must be something going on to keep doing that, and so recently too.
EX DK2/VIVE/PSVR | Currently RIFT CV1 & Quest 2 | Future Reverb G2 | VR developer RTX 3080 FE / 8700k / Windows 10 Pro

wildone106
Level 2
Wtf! They wont support it but happy to cash in on the Oculus to show off their game? lol How annoying

"Sharpfish" wrote:
They were demoing it still just last week at the oculus booth, again, which is strange for a title they said they had no plans for official VR support for. There must be something going on to keep doing that, and so recently too.

DaveJVR
Level 2
"wildone106" wrote:
Wtf! They wont support it but happy to cash in on the Oculus to show off their game? lol How annoying

"Sharpfish" wrote:

Yeah why are they still showing it on the Rift if they already said it won't get a VR mode in the full game?

Thats just teasing LoL

snappahead
Level 5
I wrote this one off back at e3 when they said it wouldn't have vr support. Its clear that Sega saw VR as just another marketing tool. Im sure Oculus and Sega both benefited from it, but it also confuses people and sends a mixed message. I still hear people say they "cant wait to play Isolation when the Rift comes out" so its clear that the vr association is good and bad.

On the other hand... if this did come out for cv1, I would be really torn on playing this. I dont know if my bowels would be ready.
i7 3820 16 gigs of Ram GTX 780ti

Sharpfish
Level 7
from last week...

https://twitter.com/oculus/status/515521102253006848

Guess oculus and sega have a bet going to see who can be the biggest **** teasers.... :lol:

Wireline
Level 3
Well Oculus are looking for the Killer App aren't they, but DK2 probably doesn't do it justice and the new prototype is .. just a prototype.

They want to release the game now, but potentially have it as the killer app when CV1 comes along. Not an ideal solution, and maybe another KA will emerge in the meantime, but I reckon Oculus are thinking "this one could be the biggie" 😄

JMHO of course....