cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AltspaceVR video streaming is in slow motion.

bongodriver
Level 3
Didn't know which section to post in. As the title suggests I am having weird problems with any video streaming in Altspace, the video plays as if in half speed including audio.

Anybody else seen this or even better solved this?
9 REPLIES 9

OpticKing
Level 11
I used to get the same thing until I closed some stuff I didn't need open. (firefox, steam, etc) seemed like my cpu was struggling, it worsened when I would use leap motion and saw my hands. They seemed to fix it at least for me with optimization updates.

bongodriver
Level 3
Thanks, it looks like steam was the culprit, surprised me as my cpu seems to handle things fine, it's an overclocked i7 and it runs pretty cool and stable.

bongodriver
Level 3
Well that didn't last long, I only got 1 shot at it working and now its back to being slow.....confused.

OpticKing
Level 11
Strange, does yours speed up to normal (audio) when you're fully looking away from the video? Mine did that when it was messing up.

bongodriver
Level 3
Not as far as I can tell.

Funmotion
Level 4
I have this issue also, did you get yours solved?

bongodriver
Level 3
Not yet, I have a ticket submitted with Altspace, it's an issue they are aware of.

Flausn
Level 5
i have this issue since launch...they sayed last week  its fixed  with an update but i still got this disturbing video playing...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71v0mbedsZE im not talking...:)

bongodriver
Level 3
I fixed this but not 100% sure I know how, I read about streaming media related issues on other forums not relating to VR and there was suggestions it was related to audio playback devices, I noticed there was an updated driver for my device available and it seems to have fixed the issue, my hardware is Realtek HD audio.