cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any G-Sync Owners Having Issues (rotated desktop on left)?

cybereality
Level 16
Are any G-Sync monitor owners having issues running Oculus games?

This issue usually looks like a rotated piece of the desktop showing on the left-hand side of the left eye (with the game content shifted to the right slightly).

If you are having this problem, can you please list your exact make and model number of your monitor?

This will help because I am trying to reproduce this problem in the office so we can investigate.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
10 REPLIES 10

Baconriffic
Level 2
Whew, I spend quite a bit of time trying to debug this and I finally found this post.

Yes, I am having the exact issue you have described in your post with my ASUS SWIFT. I had this monitor since launch but I primarily use my DK2 with my work computer. This is the first time I used it in my gaming computer.

Computer Specs:
Intel i7 3930k
32GB DDR3
NVIDIA 780ti
ASUS Swift Primary
Dell U2711 Secondary (running off of a 2nd slave card non SLI)
DK2 off of the HDMI port on the 780ti

SWIFT is running 120hz on the desktop, 144hz for full screen gaming with G-sync enabled

Thank you.

anarkavre
Level 2
I was getting this issue with the demo scene using Direct Display mode. I had to switch to Extend Desktop mode to get it to display correctly. I am using an Asus ROG SWIFT PG278Q as my primary display.

Baconriffic
Level 2
Unfortunately that only partially fixed it for me.

When I have it in extended display mode, it will not actually maximize the program. It will only do a windowed full screen and display the dual eye oculus view as it would look like on the desktop. Not proper full screen split image for each eye.

TobyM
Level 2
Yes, I'm having this exact problem. It started sometime (driver associated I'm guessing) within the last couple months; hadn't noticed because I haven't been using direct mode lately.

My setup:

Fast i7/x87 sytem w/ 16GB
NV 780 3GB
DK2
Asus VG248QE monitor with GSync Mod kit. (http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/g-sync/diy)

Happy to help; I'll check this thread after the holidays.

samih22
Level 2
ROG SWIFT PG278Q Here , Exactly the same problem ,

on top of that I also have a problem with Colors ( i am not sure if I should call this Chromatic aberration failure or not ) because am a noob and I dont know what that is exactly.

But Last night , I hooked up the DK2 to try Radial-G (steam early access) , updated to the latest runtime /SDK and Nvidia latest Geforce drivers , also updated the firmware of the DK2 because i did not use it for quite some time.

after all that I got the Chromatic aberration failure thing ,, I see Red , Green and Blue pixels every where , specially where there are any lights , and the colors seems to be completely wrong .. blue is orange and black / grey is green .

on top of all that , the screen is also shifted to the right.

I am hoping someone can help me with all this.

Trion93
Level 2
ASUS ASUS ROG SWIFT PG278Q

I have the same problem.

I can only use extendet Mode with downgraded NVIDIA driver. But with Oculus Runtime 0.4.2 direct mode was/is working correctly. (even with this G-SYNC Monitor)

CyberSpace_DK2_v1_DirectToRift is the only one working for me in direct Mode. It uses the hole DK2 screen like it would in direct mode, but it has a way smaller resolution than 1920*1080.

Some images: http://imgur.com/a/Zop6B
First image is Left-Lense and the other two are Right-Lense.

Off-topic:

Also since I have this monitor, it causes problems running GTA Vice City :cry:

I have to start Vice City (2D, nothing special) on my TV and then i can move the window to my Monitor.

Raticus79
Level 2
Yes, I also have the ROG Swift with the same symptom. Disconnecting it and using a regular monitor allowed me to use the direct mode for Sightline: The Chair with the DK2, so that's helpful as a workaround for now.

Trion93
Level 2
Seems like the last NVIDIA Update fixed this issue with G-Sync and Direct Mode.

cybereality
Level 16
@Trion93: That is great news! I'll will have to try this myself.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV