cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone tried Runtime SDK 0.6.0.0 Beta?

David6479
Honored Guest
I have a problem getting these to work. I've uninstalled 0.5.0.1, rebooted then installed 0.6.0.0 but I get a conflict with Nvidia drivers 350.12. On rebooting with the new runtime the GPU drivers don't seem to have loaded and I get a conflict with the GPU's in Device Manager. On deleting the Oculus software and rebooting, the GPU drivers kick in and load normally.
I hope it's not another G-Sync problem.

Anyone else tried them yet?

Thanks

EDIT : Apologies guys the problem must have been on my end as I've now got it installed, no idea why I had the driver conflicts but it's working now. One thing though I've been playing the Motorbike game and Direct mode works with no screen shifting as has been happening with G-Sync monitors. On testing the Oculus Demo Scene the problem is still there, along with other demos.
Strange how Direct mode works in some but not others with the G-Sync monitor.
i7 4770k @ 4.6GHz Custom W/Loop --- EVGA GTX 780ti SLI x3 --- Asus Maximus VI Extreme-Z87 --- Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz 16GB --- EVGA SuperNova 1300 PSU --- Asus Swift G-Sync --- Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 11082
17 REPLIES 17

VegasGh0st
Honored Guest
In the beginning things were working perfectly and it was the greatest purchase i felt i had ever made,
but as time wears on and the main focus has turned mobile, as well as with each runtime getting slightly more unstable,
i would highly reconsider purchasing a CV1 at this juncture.
Please i implore your team to look into these issues as i do love the product and would love to stay a loyal customer for the duration of the company.
Thank you for your time and efforts.
Nothing is impossible, just time consuming.

calingasan
Honored Guest
Tried it on windows 10 build 10074. Only way to install the runtime is to use windows 8 compatibility when running the installer. I have an AMD HD7970 with the beta drivers that came from windows update as recommended by Microsoft. Tried 3 times and on each time it broke windows. Windows get stuck at boot up (windows logo with loading wheel). Had to do fresh install each time it failed just to get a stable OS. So I guess, DK2 is useless now. I know its beta and all but for $500 I expected to at least keep testing this thing. Really starting to get frustrated each time the release a new driver as it becomes more and more unstable. Shouldn't it be the other way around where the higher the number version the better it gets? Sorry, just really frustrated right now after a long night trying to get this thing to work.

dsky9
Honored Guest
We installed the 0.6.0.0 runtime with anticipation, and are now rolling back to the 0501.

Reasons:

1) despite multiple un-installs, firmware re-installs machine and services restarts, the "Oculus Config Demo scene" simply refuses to run on our Dk2 with 0.6. It shows a bunch of snow-crash-y screen noise, some of which is vaguely discernable as texture maps. This was the first sign of trouble.

2) performance of compiled apps is perceptually poorer than 0.5.0.1, specifically there is a "motion blur" which occurs when fast panning with 0.6, that never occurred before using 0.5*.

This is all on a very high performance machine:
Windows 7sp1 64-bit, Intel Core i5-4690K, Radeon HD 7990, 16gb RAM.
dSky builds the worlds best VR apps for SCIENCE. GPU : HD 7990 6GB, CPU : i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz, MB : Asus Z87, RAM : 16GB DDR3, PSU : EVGA 850w, mouse : Razer Naga, kybd : MS Sculpt Ergo, OS : Win7sp1, OC : 0.8.0, HMDs: DK2 + GearVR, LAP : 2012 MBAir

VegasGh0st
Honored Guest
Still no response after MONTHS of attempts and log entry's im highly dissapointed with Oculus as a whole now and am contemplating selling mine, will not be be purchasing the consumer version or recommending it to anyone.
Thank you guys for your lack of support you have now lost a customer.
Nothing is impossible, just time consuming.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I apologize for the delay. I'm sorry you feel that way, but I understand given the issues you encountered. In any case, Oculus is not really supporting laptops or APUs, so I'm not sure how much help I can be. Very sorry.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Web2
Honored Guest
just received the oculus and followed the instructions, but i crash all the time i try the demo or any vr app in direct or extended mode.

how can I download the 0.5 runtime version, atleast i could try something?

benplace
Rising Star
"Web2" wrote:
just received the oculus and followed the instructions, but i crash all the time i try the demo or any vr app in direct or extended mode.

how can I download the 0.5 runtime version, atleast i could try something?

On the download page, change platform to PC then you can select older versions...

cybereality
Grand Champion
"Web2" wrote:

Be sure to install these updates:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download ... x?id=36805

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=40784
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV