cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone used this for cables management?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I just saw this on amazon and would like to know if anyone on here has used it. Looks like it could be just the thing for Oculus Touch users.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSJ6XF5?psc=1
25 REPLIES 25

xWandererx
Heroic Explorer
Strange that the 6 pack and the 10 pack are the same price. As u only seem to need 3 for decent cable management, any 2 other players want to invest in a 10 pack with me ? :)))

mambo1888
Rising Star

Strange that the 6 pack and the 10 pack are the same price. As u only seem to need 3 for decent cable management, any 2 other players want to invest in a 10 pack with me ? :)))

I think the 6 pack is a new design...

• New Design:The Retractable design can be adjusted with the weight of the cable system and rebound automatically.

kevink808
Superstar
I've seen this before, but wanted to see more reviews before biting. Definately looks a bit nicer than dog leashes... Let us know if you try it!
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

zork2001
Heroic Explorer

Cable always needs to be over your head otherwise it is
pointless.

kevink808
Superstar
Not necessarily.  Just getting them off the ground helps with trip hazards, rolling over them with a chair in seated experiences, etc., but yet the higher the better. But too high and you feel the pull which breaks immersion. Don't want that either.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

zork2001
Heroic Explorer

kevink808 said:

Not necessarily.  Just getting them off the ground helps with trip hazards, rolling over them with a chair in seated experiences, etc., but yet the higher the better. But too high and you feel the pull which breaks immersion. Don't want that either.

Walking into or smacking the hanging down cord with your
motion control arms break more immersion.

EliteSPA
Superstar
nd7oxfd6mkyn.jpgIm using the Ikea lamp and is working great.
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

Anonymous
Not applicable

zork2001 said:

kevink808 said:

I'd argue that nearly tripping over the cord, and fear of pulling it/breaking it, stopping what you're doing to try and walk over it and hoping no major damage has occurred.... is probably more immersion breaking than feeling a cord bump with the Touch. 

zork2001
Heroic Explorer

arttek said:

zork2001 said:

kevink808 said:

I'd argue that nearly tripping over the cord, and fear of pulling it/breaking it, stopping what you're doing to try and walk over it and hoping no major damage has occurred.... is probably more immersion breaking than feeling a cord bump with the Touch. 

I already have my solution in place to keep the cord above my head full time, do what you want.