cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Argos (uk) still have the original rift for sale

god_alom
Adventurer
9 REPLIES 9

I just spent a few minutes checking where i could pick one up on the website.  There are none in my vicinity but you can then click to see the closest.  No matter where you put in England, it says Berwick Upon Tweed.  I tried London, Cornwall, Manchester.

If you type in anything in the North of Scotland, it gives Glasgow Fort.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I panicked last night when I found out that one store which about 1 month ago had 14 CV1s for sale (headset only) now had none  :# 

Also my 7 year old uses glasses, and after a 90 minutes session last evening, for the first time ever he did scratch the right lens in the very top - it can't be seen at all inside VR (I've checked it thoroughly), but it made me think I'm without any back-up, also if one headphone dies etc.

So last night I found a refurbished CV1 in Estonia (it's still EU), lol - but I think it looks nice - he wrote that the lenses are completely free from any scratches (photos made by the seller):

trv45j8izann.jpg
d7g1bnd8ay1o.jpg
799st426pvk5.jpg
7ck454zy9h1b.jpg

Headphones still seem to have protective plastic on. The strap shows very few signs of wear. The seller guarantees that the hmd is fully working. Also note that the plastic on the back has not begun to become whitish - it looks quite fresh to me. The rest is history - and although I may never use this backup hmd, I slept better last night than usually  o:) 😄

fz0k7doefne6.jpg

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD
"Ask not what VR can do for you, but what you can do for VR"

god_alom
Adventurer
Gonna see if I can pick one up. For nostalgic reasons.

RuneSR2
Grand Champion
I tried to put in postcode E17AA for London, but could not go on to shipping. Although Argos seems to promise delivery it seems @Hiro_Protag0nist is right, sadly. 

Having the Index, I've got no need for another lcd hmd with lower res and extremely much worse sound - and potentially worse tracking. Not going to repeat all my reasons for still using the CV1, but for the next year - or until I get a RTX 3080 Ti - I will need the CV1. 

Just played Battlewake last night - it was awesome using CV1 ss 2.0 (due to ss 2.0 no other antialiasing is needed). The game didn't look good and I got some stuttering with the Index. Using the Index everything is revealed - I can see all the bad and low-res textures, and I need some serious antialiasing to cover jaggies. The CV1 ss 2.0 and SDE work like magic in such games, I really felt like sailing a pirate ship (well, sorta - this game is no sim, lol). 

eBay may be a nice option for getting a CV1 (for example by making a search agent if no CV1 right now fits your criteria). Amazon prices are going very high especially for a new CV1 these days: 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B073X8N1YW/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Germany (in English) - whoa, they have a CV1 for €1,300!  😮
https://www.amazon.de/gp/offer-listing/B00ZFOGHRG/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

France:
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/offer-listing/B073X8N1YW/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Italy:
https://www.amazon.it/gp/offer-listing/B073X8N1YW/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=oculus+rift&__mk_it_IT=%C3%85M...

Spain:
https://www.amazon.es/gp/offer-listing/B073X8N1YW/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

Oculus Rift CV1, Valve Index & PSVR2, Asus Strix OC RTX™ 3090, i9-10900K (5.3Ghz), 32GB 3200MHz, 16TB SSD

OmegaM4N
Expert Trustee
Order now collect right away from Glasgow Forge Argos. 😮
CV1/Vive-knuckles)/Dell Vr Visor/Go/Quest II/ PSVR.

Gonna see if I can pick one up. For nostalgic reasons.

If i had the money spare i'd definitely buy a nice spanking new one.  I'll never forget opening that gorgeous box the first time.

Alas, i sold mine on and moved on to stage 2 of the VR dream.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Techy111
MVP
MVP
Still have my CV1 but in the box now that I have my Reverb, will keep it forever now. Have the DK1 and 2 and now the CV1 all boxed.
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

kojack
MVP
MVP

RuneSR2 said:

Just played Battlewake last night - it was awesome using CV1 ss 2.0 (due to ss 2.0 no other antialiasing is needed). The game didn't look good and I got some stuttering with the Index. Using the Index everything is revealed - I can see all the bad and low-res textures, and I need some serious antialiasing to cover jaggies. The CV1 ss 2.0 and SDE work like magic in such games, I really felt like sailing a pirate ship (well, sorta - this game is no sim, lol).

Sometimes I think we should change your user name to RuneSS2.
🙂

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

RuneSR2
Grand Champion

kojack said:

RuneSR2 said:

Sometimes I think we should change your user name to RuneSS2.
🙂

What a wonderful idea 😉 Just trying to spread the love and inspire, no need to endure worse image quality than you have to  B)
Was forced to do ss 1.8 in Asgard's Wrath though, still working on accepting that mentally, but I'm doing ok right now  o:)