cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

Launchpad
Honored Guest

You're better off putting in a support ticket right away cause i doubt you're going to get direct help here.

Yep, did as soon as I saw the issue (no response yet). More an optimistic forum note that day3 for orders had commenced.... and a dig regarding quality/quantity of "communication" ....

Jim2906
Honored Guest
Almost time to close this thread down as I've just been promoted to processing. Lol!!!
Ordered: Mar 20, 2014 04:28 AM PDT

Hicks613
Heroic Explorer
Well there hasn't been much communication at all.

So, while things are being processed, we're not actually sure if we are any closer to receiving the unit.

Also, questions around the process continue to go ignored, we are no closer to understanding ordering-processing-shipping process.

OVR's policy of silence remains.

Sarsippius
Honored Guest
It still seems to be weekly batches but for whatever reason we're getting less out of each batch so we're falling behind other areas. Nothing to get too worked up over imo, when I ordered and it said July I fully expected it would probably be August or later. Mine went into processing yesterday evening but it takes at least an extra day to get anything to Darwin so I guess I won't get to have a play over the weekend.

btw, Mar 20, 2014 04:00 PM PDT

milkwood
Honored Guest
I'm gathering from the earlier posts that the bolded text is BS and that the Rift will just suddenly appear on my doorstep. Anyone get a ship notification?

PROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

inexus
Honored Guest
"milkwood" wrote:
I'm gathering from the earlier posts that the bolded text is BS and that the Rift will just suddenly appear on my doorstep. Anyone get a ship notification?

PROCESSING:Your order has been checked out for shipping and will be shipped in the next batch. We'll send you a notification once it's shipped.

If you go back through the thread I believe you will see that it varies how fast people get a notification that it was shipped - from hours to days. Also I think there was a least one person who received it with the status still being in 'processing'...

If you look at some other threads around the place it's becoming more evident that the shortage of shipments isn't isolated to AU but other areas such as the UD where they are starting to react more and more as the difference in the orders sent to different regions appear to be getting larger with every batch.

The statement from OVR about shipping in order seems completely messed up now and they just keep quiet with where these 16K of units went.

Anonymous
Not applicable
"milkwood" wrote:

It's because they used Australia Post instead of a courier. Australia Post never rarely sends shipping notifications.

UberWiggett
Honored Guest
I can confirm that AusPost are very lackluster with their tracking updates, especially for short distance parcels.

chaomander
Honored Guest
Wikipedia-ed Australia Post in anticipation of my DK2 shipping.

:?

milkwood
Honored Guest
The way I read "We'll send you a notification once it's shipped." is that OVR is sending the notification that it is has left their DC. Not Aus Post's responsibility to tell us that. It is the OVR distribution system that should trigger the email to us that the unit has left their DC. They should also know the tracking number at that point and include that in the email so we can track and also sign up for updates from Aus Post. I used to implement Logistics systems and this should be simple stuff. Hopefully part of the DV1 and DV2 exercise is to iron out the sales, finance and logistics processes as well as the tech. My take on this is the tech is the further advanced.