cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

JulianB
Protege
A friend here received their DK2 unit about 2-3 weeks ago [ordered rather early on day 1] and didn't have to pay any additional duty or fees... I think their unit was shipped on similar terms to the DK-1 shipment, ie: the value of the shipment was declared as lower than the duty threshold so there was no hold up etc.

Whereas my order has fallen into the extra-tax-at-the-border category and I have to wait for customs to do their thing and write me a letter via snail mail. I shall try calling them tomorrow to see if I can expedite the process but I'm not holding my breath. I think this is the 'slight hiccup' Oculus are referring to when they talk about delays in shipping the NZ [and perhaps Aus] orders. I suspect Customs here wised up given the volume of units incoming and queried Oculus as to the true value of the units. Hence the hold up. I suspect the same thing happened in Australia. Goods and Services Tax.

That's just my theory though.

-j
-j www.julianbutler.com Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come.

SvenViking
Protege
"loginos" wrote:
Off-topic, it's good to be Australian.

I'm with you in principle, but in the interest of fairness just mentioning that some of the films on that list are still in cinemas and aren't available for legal streaming elsewhere in the world either.
Scorched Battalion - VR Jam edition available for Gear VR and DK2 (Win/Mac/Linux) Jungle Juice Sven Co-op

CrossEyedDiffer
Honored Guest
"JulianB" wrote:

Whereas my order has fallen into the extra-tax-at-the-border category and I have to wait for customs to do their thing and write me a letter via snail mail. I shall try calling them tomorrow to see if I can expedite the process but I'm not holding my breath.
-j

I'm in the same situation as you right now..

You can speed things up! , ring this number 0800 736 348, this is NZPosts international post number. I did this and they informed me my package hadn't been processed by customs yet (it arrived Sunday), she then gave me Customs telephone number 0800 478 287 and another 6 digit number to quote and told me to give them a ring tomorrow hopefully they'll have worked out the charges, She also mentioned something about getting an entry number as well.

Which I guess I'll use here
just click the "how to pay your fees" link then "online payment service".

Hopefully we can get our Oculi before the weekend!

blanes
Rising Star
Have any of the guys who were at "processing" before the weekend got their DK2's yet ?

I am hoping they are too busy trying stuff out to post anything yet ... good on 'em if that is true ! 🙂

PenguinPirate
Honored Guest
"blanes" wrote:
Have any of the guys who were at "processing" before the weekend got their DK2's yet ?

I am hoping they are too busy trying stuff out to post anything yet ... good on 'em if that is true ! 🙂

My order went to processing last Friday, haven't seen or heard of any updates yet 😕

my3dscene
Protege
"PenguinPirate" wrote:
"blanes" wrote:

My order went to processing last Friday, haven't seen or heard of any updates yet 😕

still stuck in CHULLORA NSW since friday,
heading to WA, any news?

yumcimil
Honored Guest
"CrossEyedDifferences" wrote:

You can speed things up! , ring this number 0800 736 348, this is NZPosts international post number. I did this and they informed me my package hadn't been processed by customs yet (it arrived Sunday), she then gave me Customs telephone number 0800 478 287 and another 6 digit number to quote and told me to give them a ring tomorrow hopefully they'll have worked out the charges, She also mentioned something about getting an entry number as well.

Yeah, I got that number yesterday afternoon - according to NZ Post, Customs only receive these numbers every 12 hours - sadly, this morning, this does not appear to be the case, unless it's some kind of retarded system that only operates every 12 hours during business hours.

NZ Customs have been utterly shit.

UberWiggett
Honored Guest
Set it up and got a go on a couple of dk1 programs, almost none of them worked, had to fiddle with desktop extending etc. But I've been too damn sick to put in the effort to figure it all out. But now I am getting better and back on 10 hr work days, so when I get home I can load up the new UE 4.4 and start making my own experiences. Yay.

Sarsippius
Honored Guest
"my3dscene" wrote:
"PenguinPirate" wrote:
"blanes" wrote:

still stuck in CHULLORA NSW since friday,
heading to WA, any news?

A few guys from Melbourne have posted they've received theirs already, I'm in Darwin and mine will be delivered today.

The way Auspost works the tracking won't update to say it's left Chullora, the next update won't be until it hits the next post office/processing facility near you.

Caillin
Explorer
Just had mine delivered to Townsville.