cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Honored Guest
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

John546
Honored Guest
So almost 400 units shipping next week!

Does anyone have any idea of what 'order date' that will likely cover?

blanes
Rising Star
No one knows that info except maybe Cyber & Gypsy ... oh wait, No actually I just remember there is one other person ! :shock:

Riftadamus 😛 ... viewtopic.php?f=26&t=12881&hilit=Riftadamus

He/She will consult the Crystal Balls if you ask :mrgreen:

GearedUpCreatio
Honored Guest
I don't mind waiting when i know whats going on 🙂

BundyRuss
Honored Guest
My rift has reached Svennson Hieghts (2kms away).

Aus post are doing a lot better than TNT did with the DK1.
Ordered: 24th March Delivered ?

Vylen
Honored Guest
Mine is in the van out for delivery today at home... a good way to start the week despite being Monday 😛

craybe
Honored Guest
I have heard that people in NZ need to chase their package through customs and pay tax before delivery. Is this the experience of the Aus purchasers?

If so how much GST do we need to pay? I'm assuming the stock has already landed in Aus when we get shipping notices as it sounds like people receive them within 3-5 business days.

I'm glad to hear that last weeks shipment seems to be getting delivered now 🙂
DK2 Order: Destination: Queensland, Australia Date: Apr 1, 2014 07:01 AM PDT Status: DELIVERED 9:30am Sep 15

Vylen
Honored Guest
"craybe" wrote:
I have heard that people in NZ need to chase their package through customs and pay tax before delivery. Is this the experience of the Aus purchasers?

If so how much GST do we need to pay? I'm assuming the stock has already landed in Aus when we get shipping notices as it sounds like people receive them within 3-5 business days.

I'm glad to hear that last weeks shipment seems to be getting delivered now 🙂

We already paid GST when we ordered - Oculus is trading as a registered business in Australia so we're doing business with them.

Regardless, even if they weren't the GST import threshold is $1000.

Our kiwi friends are paying GST as their threshold is something like $60.

Krysis
Honored Guest
Yeah baby, best Monday morning ever, 7:17am on board with driver. Lucky my better half is home to collect it today.
ohh no think im suddenly coming down with the man flu..... I better take the rest of the week off work to *cough* VR, I mean, *cough* recover. 😉

Otreum
Expert Protege
Now with the bigger shipment amounts, we should be seeing more time coverage of orders. Although, I have a sneaky suspicion I will be waiting until the end of the year or something. Since I ordered July 30th. I remember on the order it was an expected delivery date of September, but seeing that people from March are only JUST getting their orders....it doesn't instill hope for getting it in September.
BUT we shall see what happens I suppose. It gives me more time to prototype game ideas in UE4 and test with DK1.

Krysis
Honored Guest
9:56am

DK2 DELIVERED !!!!!!