cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Australian Shipping UPDATE?

Jim2906
Level 2
We would love to hear about any and all updates to shipping that has to do with Australia. Have you received an email about shipping and live in Australia? If so please let us know here!!!

Cybereality said this on

Thu 24th:
They will go out mostly in order. We are just running a few smaller batches on a per region basis to make sure everything is working good before we automate things.

We'll have more batches to all regions following shortly. Please just relax. Thanks.

Sun 20th:

Yes, we already have stock of DK2 in multiple distribution centers around the world. We are currently waiting for the software to become stable, and then we can immediately start shipping to customers.

Here's hoping we hear something soon.

P.S - Anyone know what city the distribution center is in?
2,390 REPLIES 2,390

xeroer
Level 2
"VirtualNinja" wrote:
I've preorder mined at 2nd August so that mean I have to wait till November/December?

Will probably be at your door in the first half of November.

Vylen
Level 2
Played Half-Life 2 for a little bit... now I feel sick 😛

craybe
Level 2
"Vylen" wrote:
Played Half-Life 2 for a little bit... now I feel sick 😛

I'm guessing Mirrors Edge would be waaaaay worse hehe
DK2 Order: Destination: Queensland, Australia Date: Apr 1, 2014 07:01 AM PDT Status: DELIVERED 9:30am Sep 15

petergould
Level 2
Yay my DK2 arrived in Sydney today! Got a few things working like Elite but my Macbook isn't quite up to the task running it smoothly even in bootcamp. A few other demos are pretty awesome though! The resolution isn't quite as good as I'd hoped but still pretty impressive for the price and relative ease of it. My long-term interest is to help develop some immersive educational historical scenes.. if anyone in Sydney is also doing that maybe we should connect!

Chameleon
Level 2
"VirtualNinja" wrote:
I've preorder mined at 2nd August so that mean I have to wait till November/December?

Cyber just answered this today: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=13658
"JohnMarsten" wrote:
Just a quick question. I ordered on the 4th of August (Australia) when the expected shipping date was September. Is this still possible? I have a holiday I need to start organising.

And thank you kindly for your informative update earlier.

"cybereality" wrote:
I don't know about your order specifically. However, I was told new orders would take around 8 - 10 weeks to ship from time of purchase. That means your package could potentially slip into October. However, it's just an estimate, it's hard to say for sure at this point.

someguyihate
Level 2
Anyone got any updates from the new batch this week yet?

craybe
Level 2
I think they generally start sending out processing notifications Tuesday afternoon/Wednesday and shipping notifications Thursday/Friday.... but I'm too lazy to check back through the thread so don't hold me to that 😉
DK2 Order: Destination: Queensland, Australia Date: Apr 1, 2014 07:01 AM PDT Status: DELIVERED 9:30am Sep 15

Jareu
Level 2
----- UPDATE ------

Order Placed 5PM late March 26. Adelaide, South Australia

I read about Aus Post only taking a couple of days and that they tend to deliver in the morning.
I had my update last Friday so I figured today would be the day.
7am, I bolt upright in bed and sit there staring at the window like a 4 year old on christmas morning.
9:05 am I go to have a shower
9:15 am I go to take the trash out and find a note from Australia Post saying "Attempted delivery at 9:10am"

BAAAAAAH

But yes, it is here I just need to wait until 3PM to collect it haha

TLDR:
My DK2 is waiting at the depot, delivery took 2 business days, Order placed March 26th 5PM, Adelaide South Australia

BundyRuss
Level 2
Got mine and getting it going was pretty easy.

Warthunder looks great and they have fixed the menu section to work with the rift.

Note: I thought the new rift was making me motion sick (the DK1 never did) so I rechecked my IPD and I get a different value with the dk2. Much more comfortable with the new settings.

So if your DK2 is making you a little queasy it may be as easy as doing another callibate. (Mine changed by 3.5mm)

Bundy
Ordered: 24th March Delivered ?

SASVulture
Level 2
I ordered march 24th as well, but mine is still on the "ready" status 😞

Looks like I somehow missed out on the current batch...sigh...

Unless anyone has any idea of what went wrong?